1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free press in the Ukraine? Not at all.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by asterisktom, Jul 26, 2014.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RT contributor's ordeal in Ukraine: Arrested, blindfolded, no guarantee of living
    http://rt.com/news/175828-phillips-arrest-ukraine-details/

"“I’ve been called an enemy of the state,” the RT contributor, who has been extensively covering the conflict in eastern Ukraine, recalled. “There was no representation given to me.”

He added that he discovered upon release that all of his electronic accounts had been hacked: "

Take the time to read the rest of the story, especially those of you who believe the illegitimate government thugs now in Kiev are on the side of the angels.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one says the press is free in the Ukraine. No one says the Kiev government are on the side of the angels.

Strawman.

3. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't referring to you. If it doesn't concern you, don't respond.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a public forum, but whatever. Now please show me a post where anyone not named InTheLight said the press was free in Ukraine and the government was on the side of angels.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Of Mayors and Miners: The Story of all those Flight 17 “Witnesses”

by Scott Creighton

“You can’t just cite precedent as evidence, Scott”

When designing a psyop one of the most crucial elements of it is staging impartial independent witnesses to corroborate the most basic elements of the story. Take Harley Guy for example. He was on hand for a Fox News interview after the Twin Towers were demoed and had a surprisingly prescient opinion as too why they came down (first time in history steel framed sky-scrappers collapsed as a result of fire). He was also clad in a Harley Davidson shirt in order to appeal to his target audience. Kudos to wardrobe.

He claimed he ‘witnessed both towers collapse due to structural failure because the fire was so intense” which ended up being the “official story” and also on record from NIST as being the FIRST time that ever happened… in history. Ever.

Pretty on cue for Harley Guy who just also happened to be a Fox freelance journalist (explains the paycheck I suppose) with absolutely no structural engineering background whatsoever. I guess he wasn’t so impartial after all.

Anyone remember the Nayirah incubator babies story? She was a ‘witness’ to the cruel inhuman Iraqi military coming into her hospital where she volunteered and tossed the newborn babies on the ground because for some unknown reason, they really wanted some incubators for Saddam’s house.

It was very moving and the representatives who heard her dramatic story, complete with weeping, voted to give Bush I a free hand to go bomb some more brown people. Two especially jumped on the “oh the horror” bandwagon right after her dramatic eye-witness testimony: Representatives Lantos and Porter.

Turns out, she made the whole thing up. She was really the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador to the U.S., Saud Nasir al-Sabah and had never volunteered for anything her entire life. The whole thing had been scripted by Hill and Knowlton, a D.C. propaganda firm.

” MacArthur noted that “the incubator story seriously distorted the American debate about whether to support military action” and questioned whether “their [Representatives Lantos and Porter] special relationship with Hill and Knowlton should prompt a Congressional investigation to find out if their actions merely constituted an obvious conflict of interest or, worse, if they knew who the tearful Nayirah really was in October 1990.”[57]
    Point is, she wasn’t hardly an impartial independent witness either.

Recent history is full of cases like this. How about ‘Curveball’? Remember that impartial witness?

Read More At: http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2014/07/26/of-mayors-and-miners-the-story-of-all-those-flight-17-witnesses/

"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

Evidently there are some folks that can be fooled every time. We see the same old ploys coming from the neocons, the government and corporate media over and over and over again but some folks just refuse to catch on.

Wonder why that is? I mean it couldn't be more "in your face" or anything.

#5 poncho, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
  6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Just so you can make better posts in the future, you posted the OP in the section entitled... Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians). If you don't want debate, don't post in the debate section.