1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Freudian Slip?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 7, 2008.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

At the bottom of the Times article there is a link to the ABC video. The problem is the way the Times reported it, that ge referred to his "Muslim faith" while outlining his Christian faith. They chose only what they wanted to use to sensationalsie their claim.

His explanation was obvious - he said that McCain never has claimed that he [Obama] was a Muslim.

#21 NaasPreacher (C4K), Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

On T.V. you can tell that he knew he had gaffed because the reporter immediately started to cover for him (before BHO had even finished his statement), and BHO immediately started correcting himself.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I mentioned that above, I contend that Stephanapolous mistakingly corrected him.

He did not mean to say his "Christian faith." He clarified it when he said that McCain never claimed the be [Obama] was a Muslim.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Capro-This Presents Reasonable Doubt

We finally have something from the lips of Obama that interject an air of reasonable doubt about his claim to not be a Muslim. Had he said this before a jury in a court of law, it would be used to cause his peers the kind of reasonable doubt needed to convict him of being a Muslim. Obama must never forget that the Bible is quick to point out that, "Our sins will seek us out!"

Personally, if he's a Muslim, and has nothing to hide, than he should cop to this and stop trying to hide it. It may cost him a few votes, but his honesty would also gain him some votes. There is NO law that I am currently aware of that keeps a man or woman from running from office just because they are a Muslim.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree, RighteousDude. It doesn't prove anything. Or else, you're willing to say that you yourself have never, ever said something when you meant to say something else.

This is just an example of sensationalizing a gaffe, as has been pointed out before in this thread.

BTW: I'm not an Obama supporter.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay

Good for you.....