1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

From a baptist Church bell Lover

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by channing28270, Jan 23, 2005.

1. channing28270

channing28270 New Member

I love church bells. I am a baptist. I attend First baptist church of Matthews. I love the Sound of nice church bells with a tune with some nice westminister chimes. My house is near this Church. I have wished a church close to my house would Play some Nice church bells with a Tune with some nice Westminister chimes. How an I get a church close to my house to play some nice church bells with a tune with some nice wstminister chimes? If you know the answers e-mail me at [email protected]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you pay for it, many churches would consider it. Or suggest a nearby church consider it a memorial idea (when someone dies, folks often give money).

The church next door actually has a carillon with PA/speakers in the belfry. Play taped music 3 times a day. And it IS a blessing . . except they've still be playing Christmas bells on Jan 15th until I called and reminded them to change!

3. delly

delly New Member

We have two churches here that play the bells. The First Presbyterian church has a carillon with speakers in their belfry. I used to live close to this one and enjoyed hearing the bells which were played almost daily. I also know the lady who plays them.
    I live in the country now so don't get to hear them.
    First Methodist is just across the street from where I work and they occasionally play their bells, but not near often enough.

I wish we had them in our church but we don't have a belfry. LOL I love it when our pianist plays the bells during service on our digital grand piano.

4. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Oh I love church bells too. Sadly, most churches no longer have them.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

My cousin's RCA church has a 52 bell carillon (real one, too, no computer imitation), and his church's music staff even has a carilloneur on staff to play on Sunday mornings after services. They're pricey. I don't think they installed it until the church 40 years old, and I think they had been raising money for it almost that long. In addition to being a great musical instrument, it plays westminster chimes every 15 minutes during daylight hours.

The University of Riverside (about an hour from me) has a carillon as well, and offers a music degree in carillon for aspiring church musicians.

6. delly

delly New Member

John, I like real bells too, but will take computerized when there is nothing else. There is nothing like the sound of real bells coming from a belfry, but not to many Baptist churches have them, and that is sad.