1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

From the Hurricane's Path - Our Music Minister's family

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, Sep 27, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Dean is our associate pastor, and our music minister. His family was hit by one of the hurricanes. This letter came today, I assume it must be from his wife though it had his signature. Please pray for them.

My dearest friends:
    Again, my deepest and most sincere thanks and appreciation are extended to you for your generosity this week. Those gifts are being used right now to purchase much needed emergency supply-relief for my family. Thank you so much for the cash. I cannot begin to tell you how much it is appreciated and so vitally needed.
    Here is where we are at the moment (long story short):
    · Sulphur, LA and surrounding areas devastated
    · Homes of parents and sister - tremendous damage - collapsed ceilings, water-ruined walls, outside buildings blown away and/or severely damaged, broken water pipes, tree-damage
    · Greatly concerned about looters with homes and a large home-shop filled with thousands of $ of tools, tractors, recreational equipment, etc…
    · Military would not allow us in on Monday (Sept. 26)
    · Awaiting the all-clear to go to Sulphur to begin work
    · Making additional purchases and preparation today to leave within the next several days (we pray)
    Please continue to support us in prayer. This is a place that we've never been before. God is with us. We praise Him for the way He is providing - unexpected…supernatural…that's just how God works!
    I love you all,