1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fun With Comcast Customer Service

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by InTheLight, Dec 31, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the chat log from a recent encounter with Comcast customer service. Apparently my wife called to complain about not being able to receive several channels (Food, HGTV, etc.) that we had previously been receiving. Comcast's solution was to send a new cable box. I knew nothing about this until I got an email saying "my order had shipped."

Hopefully you will be able to read this. (Click to enlarge the image might be helpful.)

Comcast-Chat-Final.jpg

#1 InTheLight, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotta love Comcast "Home of Xfinity!"

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calling Comcast customer support is a black hole of wasted time on hold so whenever I need their support I simultaneously call them on my landline, my cell phone, putting them both on speaker while I also try the chat box on the internet. Whichever one picks up first I plow ahead with my problem. This time the chat box picked up first.

When I first got the email telling me "my order had shipped" I thought it was a phishing scam. To have the customer service rep tell me that there was no description of the shipment available really concerned me. Plus I wanted to know what cable box I was being sent.

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Love this excerpt, "nobody will be able to provide you the model number and manufacturer name until the box is not out for delivery."

Wut?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have Time-Warner
    Wait - there was a merger between Time-Warner and Comcast......