1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Future Influence of the HCSB?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by uhdum, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Keith M

Keith M New Member

My hardback copy is the same - Luke 3:16 rather than Luke 5:16. As long as this version had been "in the works" I was extremely disappointed to find no reference editions available, even though there are some footnotes. I would have thought Holman would have been better prepared for the HCSB release. There were very few selections available - a black letter hardback which came in various colors and a red letter hardback with a bit fancier cover.

2. Marathon Man

Marathon Man New Member

As long as this version had been "in the works" I was extremely disappointed to find no reference editions available, even though there are some footnotes. I would have thought Holman would have been better prepared for the HCSB release. There were very few selections available - a black letter hardback which came in various colors and a red letter hardback with a bit fancier cover. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sigh, it sounds like Holman is doing no better (maybe not even as good) as Crossway did with the ESV re: quality of available Bibles. It's especially disappointing given Holman's superior reputation as a publisher.

3. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Just picked up a copy today and, yes, mine has the same mistake. While I have only began to delve into the text, I like what I see so far.