Fxing 'copy and paste'?

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by SovereignGrace, Mar 15, 2016.

1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

When I use biblegateway.com to copy and paste verses, I get this...

11 For the graceU)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29920U"> of God has appearedV)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29920V"> that offers salvation to all people.W)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29920W"> 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions,X)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29921X"> and to live self-controlled,Y)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29921Y"> upright and godly livesZ)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29921Z"> in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearingAA)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29922AA"> of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,AB)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29922AB"> 14 who gave himself for usAC)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AC"> to redeem us from all wickednessAD)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AD"> and to purifyAE)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AE"> for himself a people that are his very own,AF)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AF"> eager to do what is good.AG)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AG">

Can this be fixed?

2. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

That's not just this site but it's from BG, unfortunately. I've always used BG to get Scripture to copy and paste on forums and I've been finding issues like this. It's putting in the codes to those little colored blocks that are over the highlighted text. It's really frustrating, I know!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

And when I use biblestudytools.com, I get this...

11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
    References for Titus 2:11
    12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,
    References for Titus 2:12
    13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
    References for Titus 2:13
    14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
    References for Titus 2:14
    15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

Can these be fixed? Under the other BB format, there was not this problem. Please fix this. Please?

4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

Under the old format I never had this problem. :(

5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

Under the old format I never had this problem. :(

6. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

I did right at the end and I get it on other forums as well.

7. TCassidy

TCassidy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

You can avoid some of it by using the "paste as plain text" option but I have no idea what to do about the rest. :)

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

different softwares

9. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

Sister Annsni said she was having this problem with BG prior to the software change. Bummer. I really like using it to copy and paste and will continue to do so, but the "<:&[email protected]*" in between words is a bit tiresome. :(

10. InTheLight

InTheLight
    Expand Collapse

How are you doing your copy-and-pasting?

I just tried it and it works great for me. I'm using Firefox and I simply highlight the desired text by holding down the left mouse button and running it over the text, releasing the left button and clicking the right mouse button, selecting "Copy" with left mouse button, then coming over here and clicking right mouse button, and selecting paste.

Easy-peasy.

11. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

That's what I am doing, too. Left click and drag the mouse to highlight the verses I want. I think right click and chose 'copy'. I then come back and right click, choose paste and this is what I get...

11 For the graceU)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29920U"> of God has appearedV)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29920V"> that offers salvation to all people.W)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29920W"> 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions,X)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29921X"> and to live self-controlled,Y)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29921Y"> upright and godly livesZ)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29921Z"> in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearingAA)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29922AA"> of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,AB)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29922AB"> 14 who gave himself for usAC)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AC"> to redeem us from all wickednessAD)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AD"> and to purifyAE)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AE"> for himself a people that are his very own,AF)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AF"> eager to do what is good.AG)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-29923AG">

15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you

12. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

I am using windows 8 on this computer. When I use my Nook, I get the same thing, too.

13. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

How do you do this? Where is that option? I just get 'copy' and 'paste' and other options when I right click....but never have seen an option 'paste as plain text." :(

14. TCassidy

TCassidy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

When I right click on a highlighted area I get "cut, copy, paste, paste as plain text." If you are not getting that try holding down <shift> and <control> and pressing <v>.

15. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

The only options I have once I right click is copy, paste, delete, select all, and inspect element.

The <control>, <shift>, and <v> didn't work either. :(

16. TCassidy

TCassidy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

¯\(°_°)/¯ – Shrug

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

For God So Loved the World
    16 “For C)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-26126C" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not D)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-26126D" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">perish but have eternal life.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight
    Expand Collapse

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Windows 7, Firefox.

19. Santha

Santha
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

What browser are you using?
    I just tried it on chrome and works as expected (Able to copy paste without any of the css code)

• Like Like x 1
  20. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace
    Expand Collapse

I am using interent explorer with Windows 8.