1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

G.C.B.I.

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Kidz-4-HIM, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

I am taking some courses from Gulf Coast Bible Institute and Seminary. Anyone else here taking courses or have taken some in the past? What do think about it?

2. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Is this the same as Gulf Coast Baptist Institute in Hattiesburg, MS?

3. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

No, this one is in Fort Walton Beach, Fla.

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I have not taken a course there. However, I have checked out their website. I don't agree with their KJVO stance and I certainly do not agree with their philosophy not to teach/require Greek and Hebrew. Rather than see to it that their students receive a full theological education including the biblical languages they say that they teach students to do "word studies." All I can say is that more heresy has been taught in our churches by uneducated folks doing "word studies" then just about any other cause.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree with that assessment as it would apply to any so-called Bible college/institute or seminary that held such positions.