1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gallup: Americans Overwhelmingly Support Conservative Economic Policies

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by just-want-peace, Jun 28, 2008.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/06/gallup_americans_overwhelmingl.html

In '94 the Rs had a golden opportunity - they blew it!! This just shows that their message was on key; if they had just followed through instead of letting the minority party at the time bamboozle 'em.

Still hope IF there are any true conservative Rs out there currently -- or perhaps I should say any out there that can get through the roadblocks to positions of influence.

I do believe that only a grassroots surge will ever break the stranglehold the two parties now have on us; if it's not too late already.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, that is not the way that Americans vote. Just try to mess with Social Security or Medicare and see what happens.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Stupid, brainwashed American all think they can all be rich if only taxes were reduced. Fat chance of that! Best way to get rich here is to run for office or import dope, become a slumlord.

Everyone in the entire country thinks he is smarter and harder working and luckier than average. I was just smart enough to know that I am lazier than average and have negative luck so I got me a good city job back when a city/state pension was worth something and outlasted all the bosses who wanted to fire me. Been retired since 1986 and am doing fine.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Stupid, brainwashed American all think they can all be rich if only taxes were reduced. Fat chance of that! Best way to get rich here is to run for office or import dope, become a slumlord.

Everyone in the entire country thinks he is smarter and harder working and luckier than average. I was just smart enough to know that I am lazier than average and have negative luck so I got me a good city job back when a city/state pension was worth something and outlasted all the bosses who wanted to fire me. Been retired since 1986 and am doing fine.

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You have to remember that all these polls taken now are a reaction to what the country got under Bush for the last 8 years. The economy is in a terrible condition because of Republican policy in the Bush administration. People are smart enough to know thatgetting the economy healthy again has got to be first priority. Otherwise, we're going down the tubes.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Americans should have listened to Ron Paul.