1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gallup: U.S. growing more conservative?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think a better word/term is desensitized to immorality.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be appropriate as well but to assert being liberal is to assert a planned ideology. There is a distinct difference.

3. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

Employed? No.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, I still think it's true that
    1) The country is not more conservative (maybe its views are but there is no application of it)

and/or

2) The country is more desensitized to immorality

Whether there are a lot of liberals or not is another issue. Desensitization to immorality opens the door for more "liberal" programs in many areas.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some of the issues I have seen have nothing to do with immorality. Yet there is still an apathetic majority that does not care much about anything.

When I taught high school and heard the complainers sometime I asked them if they had ever attended a school board meeting and almost always the answer was the same.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think Marcia has a point Rev, I don't believe all of American has the same definition of conservative.

You can see it in the polls regarding the deficit but when it comes to other issues then the traditional definition or the definition accepted here looses support. If American was conservative by your definition then no way would the candidate who said he wanted to spread the wealth have been voted in.