1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

But suppose Ariziona does not accept it as proof?

2. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Arizona has the right to choose their presidential electors in a manner as their legislature chooses. If they choose not to accept birth certificates at all, that's their right. If they choose not to accept only Obama's birth certificate, it would violate Mr. Obama's rights under the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Since I first applied for a passport almost twenty years ago that is all the evidence I have needed to prove where and when I was born. The State Department requires an original birth certificate on order to issue a passport. If the president has a passport and it states that his place of birth is Hawaii he is a natural born citizen.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How long would it take to clear the matter up? Taken to the courts and appealed the election would be over long before the case got to the SC and a final ruling was made.

5. targus

targus New Member

Then he should provide that - because what he has produced so far is not a birth certificate.

That is why the Governor of Hawaii is looking for it.

6. targus

targus New Member

Then that would mean that Obama at some point had an original birth certificate.

Where did it go?

Does he still have it?

If he does that why doesn't he just release it and be done with all of this?

BTW - does Obama's passport state that Hawaii is his place of birth?

Has anyone seen his passport?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Fair question. I am assuming it does and that is why I have never had a question about this issue.

IF it does, to my mind at least, the matter is closed.

It is not easy pass that hurdle. My Irish born son needs his US passport renewed tomorrow. By virtue of both his mom and me being US citizens he is a natural born citizen. To get his renewal tomorrow we both have to go with him to the embassy, we have to take our passports, his Irish birth certificate showing us as parents, and his Consular Report of Birth Abroad.

Obviously, his passport would not be sufficient to prove he is a natural born citizen He would have to show the 'Consular Report of Birth Abroad' to verify that.

#47 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be if anyone had seen it.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can see it online. You just don't want to believe it. So, even if a long form was posted ... your would not believe it. So, no reason to do so.

Also do you really believe the GOP would have pounced on this during and after the campaign if there was anything to it?

Do you really believe the courts including the SC would not have taken it up if there was anything to it. Remember the lower court imposed a $10,000 fine calling it a frivolous law suit.

As I said before, it does not matter what is or is not shown, there are people who will never believe and will always bring something else up.

10. targus

targus New Member

"You can see it online..."

"Even if a long form was posted..."

Contradictory.

Admission that his birth certificate has not been released - merely a substitute.

Why has it not been released?

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I've seen one original...but it's from Kenya.:smilewinkgrin:

12. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is it for some nebulous principal that one would spend millions of dollars suppressing the evidence of these investigations, rather than simply produce a valid birth certificate?

If there is none other than the certification of live birth, say so.. I'd be fine with that if dear grandma hadn't stated three times that she attended his birth in Kenya.