1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Gangster State America

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, May 13, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Gangster State America
    Where Is America’s Democracy?

Paul Craig Roberts

Anyone who looks carefully behind the veil of words cannot find democracy in America. For years I have been writing that the US government is no longer accountable to law or to the people (see, for example, my book, How America Was Lost). The Constitution has been set aside, and the executive branch is degenerating into Caesarism.

Government is used to impose agendas that result from the symbiotic relationship between the neoconservative ideology of US world hegemony and the economic interests of powerful private interest groups, such as Wall Street, the military/security complex, the Israel Lobby, agribusiness, and extractive industries (energy, mining, and timber). Dollar imperialism, threats, bribes, and wars are means by which US hegemony is extended. These agendas are pursued without the knowledge or approval of the American people and in spite of their opposition.

Professor Martin Gilens at Princeton University and Professor Benjamin Page of Northwestern University have examined American governance and have concluded that the US is an oligarchy ruled by powerful rich private interest groups and that the US government has only a superficial resemblance to a democracy. Their analysis is forthcoming in publication in the journal, Perspectives on Politics.

Their conclusions are striking:

Read More At: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/05/06/gangster-state-america-paul-craig-roberts-2/

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

#3 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Another verse of the same song poncho has been singing for a long time.

I think we get it, ponch. You believe the U.S. to be an oligarchy and will repeat anything written that supports your contention.

Your repetition on the subject is tiresome.:sleeping_2:

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Tiresome because you do not wish to accept that your constitutional democracy is being marginalized by the oligarchic tendencies of those on top clamping down around it and you're skeered, or tiresome because you simply can't see it and want everyone to shut up about it, because if you don't believe it so it can't possibly have any truth to it?

Seriously though, I do wonder why some people are so reluctant on the topic. It's pretty commonly recognized as an existing state of affairs and seen as an accurate partial description of the way the modern government works in the United States. Go read about it. It's no big secret. It just is. It should concern a lot more people than it does.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's one thing to blame the other side for everything Gina but when it comes time to admit their own political heros are working for the same bunch of greedy oligarchs that have the liberals so duped they'd rather keep their eyes closed and pretend they aren't as gullible as the liberals they're always so focused on.

Divide and conquer is working well for the oligarchs. Neither side cares to admit how easily manipulated they are because they wouldn't have the slightest clue how to stand up to the real tyrants that now control both parties and the media.

They were brought up under this idea that liberalism is the great enemy. Elitism is what's destroying this country and there's only a handful of oligarchs that run the whole divide and conquer show.

Defeating them would be as easy as uniting and saying no more. I think they'd rather see the country go to hell than quit acting like idiots and fighting the wrong enemy, and that goes for both sides equally.

They'd rather keep fighting the foe offered to them on a platter than stand up to the real threat.

#6 poncho, Jun 10, 2014
  7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm not sure why I'm surprised that the concept of an oligarchy is being refuted, just am. Kind of like being surprised that someone would say water isn't wet, but I guess it makes sense if saying so means admitting there's a problem with drinking the water.

Ah well. At least I'm better understanding the core problem with the nation. Most don't understand the problem, even when you get some to admit there's a problem. Guess there's not much to be done about that, except keep pointing it out and at least not be guilty of not having tried to say it was so.

"Look, a snake!"

"That is not a snake."

"It's slithering on its belly and has a forked tongue sticking out."

"No it doesn't."

"It is poisonous. If it bites you, it will hurt you, maybe even kill you."

"You're annoying me with all this noise. Stop it!"

"But it's getting closer."

"Wow, something feels mighty strange in the area of my foot."

"It's the snake! It's slithering up your foot!"

"That's not a snake. I think it might be a kitten. Kittens are my friends. I think it might have fleas though. Someone should give it a flea bath. I wish someone would come along with some flea shampoo."

"Snnnnnaaaaaakkkkkkeeeeeee!!!!!!"

"You do so chatter on and on."

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Say liberal or democrat and they all start frothing at the mouth and getting ready for a bloody duel. That's all they know how to do. Thinking outside of that little box their minds are locked in is so alien to their concept of reality it scares them no end to even consider it. So they do everything they can to convince themselves we're the crazy ones.

Even when all the evidence cries out against them.

It's like Orwell said "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." We can't be right because the people who make a living lying to them and ripping them off tell them we're wrong. Go figure.

#8 poncho, Jun 10, 2014
  9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Nah. We just crazy. ROFL

Ah, we should all meet for coffee. I'm so in the mood for a lively duel. We could all start by arguing over why I'm ordering herbal tea and how that's so liberal, and go from there. Someone more extreme would probably bring their own tea. Or coffee. Hrm, who would THAT be? HMM? Bet I know. ROFL

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#10 poncho, Jun 10, 2014
  11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Starbucks filters their water, plus there are TONS of things to fight about just because it's Starbucks. The chain, their logo pic, the support of Oprah, big business, the music, etc.. They also have really great pastries. And hipsters. It would be like a free for all.

Anyhow, about the Constitution being set aside...dunno about that. I think it's being rewritten and twisted beyond recognition, while still being held up by the elitists and pointed at saying "WE STILL DEFEND THIS." And the crowd goes wild each time...because they believe it's true in their version of reality.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hardly.

We've never been "constitutional democracy" and were never intended to be.

Tired of that fictional comparison. :sleeping_2:

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a Republic not a Democracy.

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guessing that he will not go. Four words: Starbucks Concealed Carry Policy. :laugh:

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It involves the ability to doublethink:

http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/ns-dict.html

HankD

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

Orwell warned of communism. Plain and simple. No strings, no puppets, no complex conspiracies: Communism. He didn't foresee the rise of an evil, God-hating "religion" that is a true enemy of all that is good that He has created. He saw that represented in communism. Now we likely have a rebirth of that evil ideology to walk in parallel but to the same end with Islam.

The problem with Poncho's neat little conspiracy theories is that they involve complexity that doesn't exist. They are very likely designed to distract from the truth, to make it too easy to imagine it as being beyond our control or influence. It utterly fails to consider the Christian responsibility, which is to oppose evil, and evil is never hidden. It's source is obvious.

As I said on another thread today, any claim that there are mysterious and shadowy figures working for some complex and misbegotten oligarchic agenda, manipulating puppet leaders in virtually every country in the world from some invisible "corporatist headquarters" with just a few men and women wielding the power of multiple nations and moving them around like chess pieces is nothing more than a giant pile of horse hockey!! It is indicative of weak minds attempting to put the true complexities and motives of world politics and opposing ideologies into a much-too-small package neatly tied up in a conspiratorial bow. In the process, they ignore biblical warnings of the approaching dominance of evil and the judgment of God on the world.

The truth is simple. Natural men oppose God. They are the true enemies of freedom in this world. We have one in the Oval Office. He is not a representative puppet of some shadowy worldwide organization of a few "corporatists" manipulating events for evil purposes. His is the evil purpose. In addition to The Little Marxist Dictator, we have others of evil stature: Putin, Xi, the mullahs -- they aren't puppets. They're real, and they're dangerous. Don't look for strings. There aren't any. Mark them. Watch them. Await their defeat at the judgment of God upon the Earth.

#16 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great post.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "If you like your plan you can keep your plan"

Soon after this - if you like your plan... - doublethink statement was made and obviously a ploy to get popular support for THE AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE BILL, the administrative after-the-fact response was ... oops we meant "If you like your plan you can keep your plan if you are willing to pay for it".

HankD

#18 HankD, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  19. Winman

Winman Active Member

20. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

There is a difference between type and form of government.
    Please go learn the terms and what they mean. I didn't realize you guys really don't know the basics. That's not a bad thing. Lots of people do not. This stuff gets really confusing.
    Learning the terms and what they mean really helps with understanding what is going on in many aspects of things that pertain to you, your area of the country, and how our government operates. It is important for understanding the foundation of our government and the direction which it is going, both in your community and nationwide. It "spiders out" like a web, becoming bigger and more important to the overall health and running of the nation.

So don't be afraid to go learn stuff.