1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gap Theory Undermined by Gen. 13

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://creation.com/genesis-13-undermines-gap-theory

I and other CMI speakers still encounter people asking if there is a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, or between 1:2 and 1:3. In my experience, most people don’t really understand why there would be a gap there, and all the particular nuances of it. Rather, it is something that they have heard about, which they then use it as an excuse not to take the Genesis timescale at face value. They believe instead that the purported billions of years can be fit into this alleged gap.

I would like to look at Genesis 1:1–3 from a different angle, from a non-technical angle, by comparing Scripture with Scripture. That is by examining the structure of the narrative (how the story unfolds), as it is often easier to see things clearly when the pattern is repeated elsewhere.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Genesis 1:31 refutes the Gap Theory;

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

The Gap Theory maintains that Satan and the fallen angels rebelled between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2, but scripture shows at the end of six days God saw "every thing he had made, and behold, it was very good". Satan and the fallen angels were created beings, and after six days they were still "very good". This argues that Satan's rebellion occurred after the sixth day and could not have occurred between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2.

Pretty simple.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Creation Account is an account of the world men, in time, temporal and subject to decay. It is not an account of the creation of the world of spirits, not within time and eternal. To say otherwise is a huge assumption fraught with serious and insurmountable difficulties.

The Gap Theory was conceived to allow for the billions of years demanded by Darwinism.

I think the comparison of the literary devices employed in Gen 1 and 13 is, besides being eminently educational, a substantial and meritorious rebuttal.