1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gardening - Organic Seed

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Hardsheller, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's that time of year again - Time to start thinking about a garden.

Anyone know of a good place to buy organic Seed. Looking for Tomato Seeds and Pepper Seeds primarily.

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JOHNNY'S SEEDS offers a great selection of HEIRLOOM TOMATO SEEDS and pepper seeds.

Brandywine is my favorite tomato. It's an ugly tomato but has a superior taste. The plants don't usually have a lot of tomatoes on them either but each tomato is large.

I be trying two different varieties this year, Stripped German and Cherokee Purple.

My yard is too shaded to grow a successful pepper crop.

Next August we need a thread to brag about the biggest tomato in the BaptistBoard garden.

Rob

4. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

you know you can save your seed from year to year.

5. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

My farm is certified organic, but one of the biggest wrenches in the works is the continued pressure to use organic seed. I don't believe there is an iota of evidence to show that nonorganic seed adversely affects the organic crop. In fact, the conference on organic seed in Rome last year pointed out that using organic seed puts the farmer at risk of bringing in new weeds or disease for which he has no remedy.