1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gas Prices

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bb_baptist, Sep 2, 2005.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Mobil

Dutchess County, NY

Regular: $3.45
    89-Octane: $3.59
    Premium: $3.69

2. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

A gas station in Stockbridge, Ga., posts prices for gasoline from $5.87 to $6.07 per gallon Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2005. (AP Photo/Gene Blythe)

[​IMG]

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regular near Buffalo jumped from $3.29 to $3.63 for regular just this evening. Reservation prices, which are usually 20 cents lower are the same as regular retail stations.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

The Oklahoma legislature is considering something which is interesting and certainly not expected. They are wanting to completely drop the state tax on gasoline (which is pretty high) and use our rainy-day fund for a period of three months.

I don't think this is going to be a permanent fix because I believe that once they get the prices up, they usually don't come down very far. But, it is a nice gesture coming from our elected officials who usually push for higher taxes.

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

That idea was tossed around at the national level also but I don't know what happened to it.