1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gasoline prices where you live?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by RomOne16, Mar 12, 2003.

1. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

If you are so concerned about the cost of fuel when it is so cheap cheap cheap in America why have such big cars?? (remember we are paying £4-£5 per gallon--------- I think one of you converted it to about $7 per gallon in american money)

yours, Jon.

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You Think A Gallon Of Gas Is Expensive?

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ......... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ....... $ 9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ............. $10.17 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 .......... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ........ $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 ......... $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 .............. $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 . $84.48 per gallon

This is the REAL KICKER...... Evian water 9 oz for $1.49 ........ $21.19 per gallon. $21.19 FOR WATER! ....and the buyers don't even know the
    source. But then again EVIAN spelled backwards is naïve.

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water Scope, or Whiteout, or God forbid, PEPTO BISMOL or NYQUIL!!!!

(Just trying to inject a little humor here to ease the pain of 'filling up') [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Sue

3. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

$1.49 was the cheapest I've seen here in Jersey. It is the ONLY thing that is cheap in this area. But I haven't gone out yet today.

Sue, I saw something like that a few years back, maybe the last Gulf War. It may ease some pain in some, but it makes me think we're trying to justify those prices. My car could care less about most of those products, as it only thirsts for gas. It knows the price of brake fluid, so it is very conservative on how much it uses. [​IMG]

4. RomOne16

RomOne16 New Member

Sue, that really puts it in perspective! [​IMG]

Jon, I am curious about something. Do you all pay a yearly vehicle registration fee? I know here in CA (U.S.) the registration fees are pretty steep. Those fees cover things pertaining to the costs of road upkeep etc.

What I am wondering is if some of the expense of your gasoline goes to things that we pay for seperately here.

For example, when we moved to TX from CA we were very excited that there was no state income tax in TX. But our glee was soon deflated when we caught sight of the property taxes. :eek: Basicly, what we didn't pay in income taxes, we forked out in property taxes. We paid the same amount, it just had a different label on it.

So I'm wondering if that's the case in the difference in our fuel prices. [​IMG] BTW, I got rid of my big van and got a stationwagon. We downsized as much as possible while still being able to seat 7.

5. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

Mom of 5

Yes, we pay what we call a road tax in addition. I think that will be the same as what you are talking about and it goes to the government. We display a tax disc in the windscreen to prove it has been payed.

yours, Jon.

6. jonmagee

jonmagee New Member

forgotten how much the road tax is, I think it is about £120 per year, but will check later.
    Does that help to compare mom of 5?

yours, Jon.

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

I don't look at the prices of gasoline. I know the price per gallon is higher near the interstate and in the tourist areas. I gas up in town, usually get mid grade and fill it up every time.

8. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

[​IMG] The gas here in mason co. has went
    down today as i was going to town to
    a $1.58..Thank god...that help's some
    but i hope it keep's going down down
    down...
    Willow 2

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

It went down .5 here.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Willow, I noticed when he had to drive to western ky every week it was way cheaper there. What sectio of ky are you in? I think it's still $1.6? something here. I'm not far from Mammoth Cave Park.

11. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

B..oo7 I live down in the mid west on the Ohio
    river...I can look across & see Aberdeen ohio..

I'm from the Maysville area...are High school
    boy's are in the sweet 16 playoff's tomarrow.
    at the rup arena in lexington ky.
    the mason co. Royal's.....

I live off the AA Hwy close to Lewis co.

Willow 2

[ March 22, 2003, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Willow 2 ]

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I ought not to be tellin' this cause I believe some of ya'll may "squeel" on me--turn me in to the EPA or OSHA or some GreenPeace lookin' dudes--but on the other thread near here I was havin' touble with my tractor's gas tank---the sediment bowl had to come off--it just had to--it had to--believe me!

Well, long story short! There was about two gallons of gasoline--87octane--you know, the cheap stuff from "Wag-a-Sac"--and I dumped it on the ground!! That's right!! About $1.76 worth! Gone! Down the tube! Soaked up by the earth! Wasted! But I had to! I just had to!

Blackbird

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Woo Hoo. Hubby just told me gas was $1.49 a gallon. We are going to fill both the car and the truck...tomorrow it may be back up to $2.00 again!

:eek:
    Sue

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

Last Wednesday gas was $1.68, today it was $1.54. I would have thought it would have gone up, not down.

15. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

:D The gas in mason co. is down too $1.54
    i'm so glad...I would hate to see my husbend
    riding a horse to work.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Willow 2

16. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Today I saw regular unleaded for $1.79 (around the corner from home) and $1.96 (around the corner from work). Amazing. A 20 cent price difference just 5 miles away.

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

You know whats amazing Kelly, when they are across the street from each other. Sounds crazy doesn't it, you'd think all the customers would be at the cheaper pumps, but they weren't, they were about equal. Thats has been several months since we saw that too, in western ky.