1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gay Bishop

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 3, 2003.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I would especially be interested in hearing from Episcopalian/Anglicans on how you feel about this very visible issue.

I personally have a very hard time seeing how a gay bishop can qualify as the "husband of one wife." (Titus chapter 1)

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There has already been an Episcopal response, albeit not one on this board: the Province of Kenya has declared itself out of communion with the ECUSA. Expect more to follow...

Yours in Christ

Matt

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Saw that this morning Matt, thanks.

Am looking for some personal responses.

Thanks

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

In Genesis 19:5 Lot heard a knock at his door from gay men. Now the Episcopalians may have a gay bishop knocking at their doors. Some of the church has come full circle from the Biblical and Godly stand against the world. I am neither Episcopalian or Anglican.

5. Dan Stiles

Dan Stiles New Member

We had an Episcopalian priest (Jude) who posted here regularly, but he got "run off" by ...

Short version of his response on another board is the the AAC is already meeting to redraw the provinces excluding the heretics from the communion.

6. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Ah, but who are they calling the heretics.... :confused:

Yours in Christ

Matt

7. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

The guys knocking at Lot's door.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

We had an Episcopalian priest (Jude) who posted here regularly, but he got "run off" by ...

Short version of his response on another board is the the AAC is already meeting to redraw the provinces excluding the heretics from the communion.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I ownder who ran Jude off, probably the same guy who wanted to scare me off after my first post. Are there any other Anglicans around? I don't have any interest in attacking them, just want their perspective.

9. Matt Black

Site Supporter

The guys knocking at Lot's door. </font>[/QUOTE]Good. Glad we clarified that.

Yours in Christ

Matt

10. Dan Stiles

Dan Stiles New Member

An Anglican/Episcopal Response
    The following two items look to the question at the beginning of this thread. Sorry for the length... Dan Stiles

and...

11. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

WELL? To all who said they will do something if it happens, IT'S A DONE DEAL, either act out what you said you would do or shut up and be an accomplice!

You cannot sit quietly by and expect it to revert to the former state, IT WILL NOT!

IF you do not removed yourself from the apostacy, you are part of it!

12. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

Just because they wear fancy robes and silly hats and call themselves "learned authorities" doesn't mean that they are any smarter then the hypocrites at the time of Jesus... In fact, all the parapaphanalia doesn't mean that they are really Christian at all. They may be only acting the part.

13. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Our church is seeing an increase in visitors from members in neighboring Episcopal churches. I don't know if this will be a trend or not, but it does appear that some are leaving due to this issue.

I have some friends who are Episcopalian. Some of them are staying (despite this) and others are considering leaving (but haven't yet).

14. Dan Stiles

Dan Stiles New Member

Did you read the post above yours? They aredoing something - and now.
    ...or were you looking for a riotous mob of some sort?