1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gay' Camille Paglia: Anti-Duck Dynasty Crusade Utterly Fascist and Utterly Stalinist

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I speak with authority here because I was openly gay before the 'Stonewall Rebellion,' when it cost you something to be so," she said. "And I personally feel as a libertarian that people have the right to free thought and free speech. In a democratic country, people have the right to be homophobic as they have the right to support homosexuality -- as I 100 percent do. If people are basing their views against gays on the Bible, again they have a right to religious freedom there … to express yourself in a magazine in an interview -– this is the level of punitive PC, utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist, OK, that my liberal colleagues in the Democratic party and on college campuses have supported and promoted over the last several decades. It's the whole legacy of the free speech 1960's that have been lost by my own party."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...erly-Fascist-and-Utterly-Stalinist-PC-Culture

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Levin, who is himself gay, said A&E knew of Robertson's beliefs when they hired him because Robertson's opinions about gays have been on tape. He noted that the network, aware of Robertson's views, also signed off on the GQ interview.

Levin also said Robertson had a "right" to his beliefs and that they were "religious" and not "hate-based." He added even though he did not agree with Robertson and found his views to be "misdirected," Robertson has a right to express them.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollyw...-Duck-Dynasty-Star-Has-Right-to-Express-Views