1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gay Pastors?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sakuras, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Sakuras

Sakuras New Member

JMSR,

Hello. What do you mean by "pure of heart"? Thank you.

2. JMSR

JMSR New Member

Ok. BTW I enjoy the banter here. I've learned a lot already.

3. Repent-or-Burn

Repent-or-Burn New Member

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

1Pe 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

4. JMSR

JMSR New Member

It was my way insinuating that pastors should be the epitome of godly men.

5. Repent-or-Burn

Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

6. JMSR

JMSR New Member

That's what I meant when I said we're not all supposed to be pastors.

7. Repent-or-Burn

"Higher" standard, but not perfect. Evidenced by the Bishop Peter.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, pastors should be the epitome of Godly men. Husbands should be the epitome of Godly men. Fathers should as well. The "Godly Man" club is not for pastors only.

Like I said earlier: Being pure of heart does not mean birds won't fly over your head. Pure of heart means that birds won't nest in your hair.

9. Repent-or-Burn

I agree, in that we must ALL strive for sanctificaiton.
    I disagree, in that pastors must be further ahead of the pack.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Being ahead of the pack just means he got there first. But he covered the same distance as all the guys behind him.

11. JMSR

JMSR New Member

Higher standard works for me. Should probably be practiced more.

12. Repent-or-Burn

I have to disagree, buddy. :) UNLESS you are refering to glorification, in which case he gets there at the same time.

Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
    Mar 4:8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
    1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
    1Th 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
    2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
    Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
    1Pe 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
    Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
    Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

#92 Repent-or-Burn, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I was referring to pure of heart. A person is either pure of heart or they're not. It's not a matter of degrees. A pastor should indeed be pure of heart. But like I said a few times already, being pure of heart does not mean birds won't fly over your head. Pure of heart means that birds won't nest in your hair.

14. Repent-or-Burn

I thought you meant fruit in general.
    However, I think the same would apply - but I can't or don't want to try to make an argument for it right now. :)

15. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Johnv...

What??? :eek:

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only person to have ever walked this earth COMPLETELY "pure in heart."

Even after we are born again, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, their will always...to some degree...be a conflict going on in our heart and life experience.

None of us will ever attain complete purity of heart until our homecoming.

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I like Johnv's answer

If I found out my pastor was gay---I'd be so out of that church so fast . . . and I'd write the word

ICHOBOD on the door on my way out

"The glory has departed!!!!!"

God help us----its no wonder some churches are in the spiritual mess they're in----Gay pastors---get real!!!

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Open Apology

I just discovered that a post I made to another member was considered a "personal attack", and for that I'm sorry. I was simply attempting to find out why this person was defensive about the posted topic when it came to the Bible and our need to walk without sin.

It was not meant to be an attack, but, I can see how it could be taken that way, so I apologize to that member, and any other member I may have offended.

Pastor Paul:type: