1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gay protesters who assault woman

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by givengrace, Nov 15, 2008.

1. givengrace

givengrace New Member

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Looks like these people could be charged with a hate crime. If the situation were reversed that would be the case. Actually I oppose the hate crime statutes but when big male perverts attack an elderly woman it should be more than a misdemeanor.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's only a hate crime if the 'victim' is muslim, black or homosexual, if the victim is white theres obviouly no such thing as a hate crime, as we've already seen in recent months here.

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I'm not defending gays nor their actions but why would you deliberately parade a cross in front of a bunch of angry gay protesters? I really don't think that is what Jesus would have done. Seems to me that she was provoking a confrontation. Waving a cross in their face is not going help the situation. What was she expecting but an attack? I'm surprised they didn't beat the cr*p out of her along with stomping the cross.

5. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Canada, religion is included in the hate crimes law and that includes Christianity. If there is evidence the protesters were trying to suggest violence against all Christians and not just that particular one in their alleged assault, it would be considered a hate crime in Canada. Otherwise, it is a simple assault charge.

6. OldRegular

I protest your use of the word "gay" for these perverts. There are a lot of honorable families with the surname Gay. Also from what I read homosexuals are a very unhappy group of people.

7. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

While it was certainly ill advised. I would not be so quick to say it wasn't something Jesus would have done.

Mat 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Sounds just a little more violent than expressing an opinion, doesn't it?

Mike Sr.
    BTW: She shouldn't have been surprised... There is always a price to pay for speaking out. And, each individual has to count that cost and make their own decision...

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

These homosexual were not protesting in the Temple.

Sorry OldRegular, we will just call them homosexuals. I don't think there is anyone with the last name of homosexual.

9. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

No they weren't in her temple she was in theirs...

So, Jesus' denunciation of sin wouldn't have been valid outside the temple?

And, therefore, people who have counted the cost have no right to denounce sin outside the church?

Hmmmmmmm

I wasn't aware of that... :saint:

Mike Sr.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

we wouldn't want anyone to parade their christianity around would we. you blame the victim, the victim is never to blame.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I understand where you are coming from and to a certain point I agree. You can bet that I would not have been walking anywhere near those people. There is a difference between being persecuted for standing for the truth and being persecuted for being a bit naive. The lady put herself in a dangerous situation. Let's thank the Lord that there was a camera crew present. If there had been no witnesses I fear something very bad may have happened to that lady. So she certainly did not carefully think through what she was about to do. Having said that, however, what those bullies did to that old lady shows their lack of manhood, manners, and basic decency. What they did to the cross she was holding shows something even worse about their spiritual situation. Allow me to explain.

The reason those people stomped on the cross is their absolute hatred of the truth the cross represents. What truth is that? That we are all sinners in need of a Savior and that Savior is the Lord Jesus Christ (alone). It is the Lord who commands sinners to repent of their sins, deny their personal desires, and follow Him. Enemies of the cross hate that message. They don't want to repent, they don't want to obey Christ, and they certainly don't want to deny themselves. They desire heaven and the love of God but they reject the only way of salvation (ie...the only way to have those things). The result is that they hate the sign of that message and they hate all who represent that message.

#11 Martin, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  12. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Martin, I couldn't agree more. However, the contempt shown the lady and her cross was just as wrong as her taunting them with her cross.

With that said the lady has equal rights to protest as much as the other side. Funny how they refused to give her the right to equality in voicing one's opinion in the public arena which liberals and conservatives alike hold dear to their hearts. Sad how very little is being said in the media about the assault on this woman's equal right to protest. And, suppose some Christians had grabbed one of the protester's sign and stomped on it? Can you imagine the uproar in the media? Hate crime trial demands here we come.

#12 sag38, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The homose*ual protest was made in front of city hall. They wanted to express a message to city leaders. Since such a horrific message was being communicated at city hall this woman wanted to be there to express a reasonable and opposite message. He presence and message was entirely appropriate.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't "angry, gay" prostestor an oxymoron? :laugh:

15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They may think they desire Heaven (tho' I really doubt it), but these people, in Heaven, would still be in a hell because they could never, NEVER, be happy or content in the presence of the Almighty, having their sins & guilt still on their own shoulders.

What they REALLY want is the freedom to do as they please w/out the attendant end results.

The only way any of us could endure His presence would be to be freed, as we are, from the shame, guilt and consequences of our own sins.

16. OldRegular

You would think so!:tonofbricks: Now an angry homosexual is more understandable!:BangHead: