1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

General P dances to the questions

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Apr 8, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am referring to the minority that thinks that we shouldn't be setting a timetable to withdraw our troops.

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Let's see, we are still in Japan, Korea, Germany, Turkey, and a bunch of other places we were once ar war with. We tend to settle almost everywhere.

#62 Plain Old Bill, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2008
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that's a shame.

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

That's like saying gang violence will drop because the gang members will run out of people to cut or kill in their own block. Their violence just continues to expand outwards.

Ethnic cleansing in Iraq had not run it's course. Things were just getting started good before the strategy of protecting the populace and setting up within violent neighborhoods was begun. Iraq has a population of about 27,000,000 and the sectarian killing was expanding exponentially before the surge, with each killing begetting dozens more.

This argument has no legs.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Gee that's sounds like a really great idea. But you're forgeting one little detail. We're broke. We can no longer afford this empire and more military adventures. What you are suggesting is that we go the same way as the U.S.S.R.:BangHead:

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Do you think that because Carter was a bad president, it makes Bush a good one?

7. Plain Old Bill

Dragonfly, answer is no,but we do have a few bad examples.
    So Poncho your plan is to roll over and give in. Where will you be attending Mosque?:BangHead:

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So Bill you haven't paid any attention at all to anything I've been preaching here for four years or what???

My plan is now and has always been the same.

Bet ya can't guess what it is.:BangHead:

9. Plain Old Bill

No Poncho I have'nt been reading your entries for 4 years. As I recall you,ve always been very libral and very contentuois.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

My plan is to be an American Bill. Not a democratic American, not a Republican American, not a liberal or conservative American. But an American period. Live by American Laws. Be eductaed in American history (not just the fluffy red white blue rewritten stuff you all rely on but all of it good bad and ugly) To understand politics and power and all those isms. To understand what makes lefties and righties think like they do and not do it becaue it's the stupidest most ridiculous time wasting thing an American can do. It confuses and distorts everything till it becomes mere gibberish not worthy of debate by people who think of themselves as "logical".

Then maybe figure out a way to get you all to think that way so we can actually have a fleeting chance at reclaiming this our nation from corruption greed and criminallity in the state.

In other words Bill, do what's sane first so then we might possibly be able to figure out what's best for the country after that.

Crazy as it sounds that's my plan. Now what's your's again?

#70 poncho, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  11. Plain Old Bill

Good luck. You will need to broaden your audience to spread your ideas. This forum has to narrow of a base.

As for me FIRST I defend what I have then I work on making it better, plain and simple. Do not tread on me or mess with me or mine. I will defend to the last drop of blood. I did not attack these guys and if they leave me alone I am perfectly content to leave them alone.