1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Generation and Regeneration

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by percho, Sep 25, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is originated when a plant or animal is generated? What initiates generation?

Is the answer to the first question not, life after ones own kind?

Some of you Greek Guru's interlinear translate the following for me.

γὰρ ἐν αὐτῇ γεννηθὲν, ἐκ Πνεύματός ἐστιν ἁγίου

Give me the process of the initiation of the generation spoken of above. Did it actually begin a life of one to be born a living soul?

If that soul were to see death, would it require re-generation for it to have life again? Was he regenerated the exact same as he was before needing to be regenerated, that is before death? See Acts 13:34

Who only, by name please, who was born of woman and died and is yet alive today. Who only has been regenerated? Is it absolutely necessary for anyone else to inherit the kingdom of God to follow him in the regeneration.?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

The post illustrates how Christianity has evolved into a dead end street or maybe the circular nature of everything. How are these questions logically/intellectually different from "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"?

3. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

If that Greek quote is from the Bible, where, and I will get my books out. Getting rusty here.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Is conceived - Westcott and Hort having been generated unto - Scriptute4all being generated.

Did actual generation take place in the virgin Mary?

#4 percho, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012