1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Genesis 6: Prehistoric Mankind = sons of God.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 4Pillars, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

It is you who are biblically ignorant, 4Pillars. There is absolutely nobody here on this thread who agrees with your fairy tales. It appears that you are the ONLY one teaching this nonsense....absolutely NO biblical truth in what you say. Some of your posts sound like Mormonism.

2. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

Let's take a look at the text.

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
    Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
    Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
    Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

If the waters under the heaven, or firmament, were gathered together and called "seas", it seems to reason that the waters above the firmament would have been the canopy of water that used to envelope the planet before the flood. After the flood, this would be reduced to clouds.

This firmament is simply the atmosphere of the earth, where birds and such fly.

Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

It is still in existence, evidenced by each breath we take.

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
    Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth

This took place on the fourth day. the firmament or heaven referred to here is the space occupied by the sun (greater light), moon (leser light), and stars. This is the second "heaven" mentioned in the Scritpures.

I'm not sure what you're talking about concerning the third day with the reference to Gen 2:4-5. It reads,

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
    Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

I see no mention of a "big bang", here nor anywhere else in Scripture, at least not until 2 Pet 3:10, but that's the end, not the beginning.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise [big bang?], and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The third heaven is the dwelling of God.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Let us not forget that not one church father, not one commentary, not one believing Christian has believed anything such as this "information" before that I've ever heard of. Even the Scriptures do not support it.

There are some that are quite deluded in their thoughts. I will pray for those that are.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What is a Christian 4Pillars? In your profile you neither define your denomination, neither tell which church you are from. What church do you come from?

5. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Ancient Mankind on this earth changed from prehistoric to Human just AFTER Noah arrived on this "Planet Apes"(as referred to by our scientist at times).* Civilization was born just South of the Mountains of Ararat, exactly as God told us.*

The reason there is No evidence of Human Civilization before Mesopotamia, is that Humanity was inherited from Noah, a direct descendant of the first Human, Adam.* Like Cain on the first earth, Noah's grandsons married the descendants of the sons of God (Prehistoric Mankind) and produced those with the intelligence necessary to WRITE their own History. This event took place some 10,000 + - years ago, and History agrees with Scripture.

God Bless

#25 4Pillars, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  6. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time understanding the Scripture. Perhaps, if you calm down and open your mind, you'll have a chance to see the truth.

Read and learn

Genesis 1
    20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. v21 And God created great whales, and EVERY living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed THEM (pronoun), saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. v23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Now, tell us who do you think God was talking to when He blessed THEM (pronoun) and told THEM to be fruitful and multiply -- on the 5th day?

You answer please....

#26 4Pillars, Jan 6, 2008
  7. standingfirminChrist

Funny, the serpent told Eve her mind would be opened when she ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

You are very deceiving, 4Pillars. Twisting the Word of Truth into a lie.

8. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

I am a man who study the Scripture and compare it to what I've been told. I am a workman who would not be ashamed in trying to divide the word of truth.

And it's simple to know if one's interpretation is correct. If it agrees with God's Holy Word, true Science, and History, it's as close to the One Truth as is Humanly possible. The fault is Not with God's Truth, but with man's ability to understand it, for His thoughts are far above man's thoughts.

Your false accusation has no merit and unfounded.

9. standingfirminChrist

There is a great difference between dividing the Word of God and rightly dividing the Word of God. You are doing the former instead of the latter.

"Both a Moderator of this Board, and an Administrator have asked you to explain your denomination and your Church affiliation. You seem to be ignoring them. Why? What do you have to be ashamed of?

10. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

You are the one who is twisting Scripture to your own destruction and you say I should "calm down and open my mind"? Seems as though your mind is so OPEN that any false teaching falls into it.

Matthew 7:13
    Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matthew 7:14
    Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

It appears that Jesus was very "narrow minded" and warned us to be the same.
    I'll read God's Word and "rightly divide the word of Truth"---not some fairy tale invented by someone who is on the "broad way to destruction"
    The THEM is all the living creatures which God had created up until the 5th day. Man's creation was on DAY SIX--therefore, He didn't mean MAN. If you would "rightly divide" the Word of Truth, you would understand and see this...but since you are making up fairy tales, I'm afraid you don't rightly divide the Word of Truth.
    Baloney!

#30 Linda64, Jan 6, 2008
  11. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Adam have a navel or not?

We sure do get convoluted contemplating our navels. We know from whence we fell and the remedy.

Jesus is coming soon. Why are we contemplating our navels?

Selah,

Bro. James

12. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

Pillars, I am a little familiar with Maryland, just where is it you go to church.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You won't get a response. He has been rightly banned for his heresy. I doubt he is a believer at all, but signed up to the BB to spread his garbage and to deceive.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have to say that I really wonder about such people. HOW can they come up with such far fetched things as Noah being on a spaceship and there being a prehistoric man that God created before He created Adam? It makes NO sense and seems just really bizarre to me. Like Star Trekkie obsessed strange. LOL!

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This thread, also started by 4Pillars, will be shut down. It's existence serves no purpose any longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.