1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Geo. Whitefield on Being "Great Saints"

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To whomever loves the great George Whitefield:

I am posting a quote from Whitefield here. It is taken from one of Michael AG Haykin's works. I have been blest to work with Dr. Haykin, Professor at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Dr. Al Mohler's Seminary), lately. I have co-written one work with him, co-edited a journal/proceedings volume with him, and BorderStone Press, LLC, (my new publishing company) is about to release his The Empire of the Holy Spirit.

In the quote, Whitefield pleads for young pastors to be "great saints." He pleads with them not to go to seminary just to get a parish church. (This is the place where this belongs on this part of the BB I think?). It just warms the heart to hear a "great saint" say that there is a connection between the head, heart, and hand in the ministry.

I know you will enjoy it as I did. FYI!

http://standingonshoulders.net/2010/06/04/george-whitefield-to-preachers-be-great-saints/

Please get back to me with thoughts and observations.

"That is all!" :smilewinkgrin:

2. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

:thumbs:Thanks!