George Fox/transgender problem

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges / Seminaries' started by exscentric, Apr 5, 2014.

1. exscentric

exscentric
    Expand Collapse

George Fox U has a transgender female becoming a man that wants to be in the men's dorm. U says no. Most of the students interviewed have no problem with it in fact they could not find a student that had a problem with it.

Edit: The student is now suing based on sex discrimination! WHICH ONE? School offered private room or apartment - not good enough - wants men's dorm.

#1 exscentric, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  2. exscentric

exscentric
    Expand Collapse

The gentleman stated today he could go to state colleges where they are more liberal ruled but wants to bring change where he is. He is willing to take a stand. He and supporters marched to the campus to demonstrate and deliver 14000 signatures of support to change the colleges mind.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy
    Expand Collapse

Sounds very familiar. Looking back over my past I cannot but think of the numerous times this type split has been reported. The "old" folk, the administration are up in arms over some issue ... say like rock music in the 50's, or civil rights in the 60's and the students see no problem.

Reminds me of the quote:

4. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

George Fox U - is a Christian Universtity (Quakers)

There should be no problem! simple solution - deny enrollement.

And if the inmoral brat wants to sue - the Univ should claim seperation of church and state.

5. reverist

reverist
    Expand Collapse

Is this post supposed to mean that transgendered acceptance into a private university dorm is equivalent to race-based discrimination?