1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

George W. Gore

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 14, 2008.

1. HisWordIsTruth

HisWordIsTruth New Member

Revmitchell do you "really" believe that a "saved" person can't walk in darkness or enjoy darkness? Boy you are more confused that I originally thought! Just take a look at Corinthians. That should help you.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

uhhh... no. But that is what you accused him of.

3. HisWordIsTruth

What are you uhhh...no(ing) here revmitchell?

Can a "saved" person walk in darkness or enjoy darkness?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Good post, Poncho!

You can make a lot of sense when you're not postulating about one of your pet obsessions.:thumbs:

5. HisWordIsTruth

Carpro just curious as to how you can mesh this attitude with what we are taught in the gospels which says:

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.

Of all the people that have the right and the authority to speak out against the government or overthrow a government it would be Christ Himself, yet He said nothing of the like, and as His examples we are supposed to be "masters" of the government.

Where is the Scriptural support for this. I thought if we wanted to be recognized that it would come through service not being a master?

Just curious as no one has put forth an answer to this one.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's been nice knowing you (for the third time) :wavey:

7. HisWordIsTruth

Huh? You folks sure do post some "strange" stuff.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You'll find out seen enough.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hey thanks Carpro! Coming from you that means alot me brother.

I only got one obsession really. Uncovering the truth and standing up to tyranny. Sometimes I'm on and sometimes I'm not. Personally I figure I have about a 75 to 80 percent success rate. Few years living under the thumb of the NWO you'll get the big picture too. :smilewinkgrin:

#70 poncho, Apr 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can understand why.

Being baited with the obvious doesn't deserve an answer. Consider yourself fortunate I bothered.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No one here is advocating the overthrow of this or any other government. There is a big difference between holding it accountable which is what we (try sometimes but not very often becaue it turns into a blob of petty party political insults and chaos...I hate when that happens) discuss here and overthrowing it which would be stupid imho. What would we replace it with? We already have the finest republic ever to be on the face of the earth laid out in our founding documents. There is no better form of government than our republic. Not made by man anyway.

What I and I'm sure many many other Americans would like to see is that republic restored and functioning as it should instead of what we have now.

Basically a criminal enterprise for lack of a more PC description.

Holding government accountable to the law is our duty as citizens just as much as obeying the law is. Look at this way we have no Ceasar or king to serve here in the USA. We have the law. That law is the constitution which governs the state, those individuals we choose (or used to) to represent us. The law is our "Ceasar".

We aren't breaking any of God's laws by obeying ours we're upholding them. He does command us to obey the law right. This republic is our 230 year old very unruly child in desperate need of a good hard spanking with a lilac switch (grandad's fav) and sent to it's room.

We as citizens have let this kid run around and have it's way for way tooooooo long now and it is threatening to devour us. Don't know bout you but I ain't down with all that.

It wouldn't be a matter of overthrowing anything by popular revolt with our baby armed like he is. It would be about defending your life and surviving in an unlawful militarized high tech scientific police state crakdown like this world has never seen as the state tries to defend it's very powerful and profitable criminal enterprise and itself! It would be "the mother of all" crackdowns, trust me.

There wouldn't be any overthrowing going on. That's the way I see it anyway.

Zoinks! Good answer C why didn't I think of that? Doh! :laugh:

Oh yeah and um....Tha ole George Dubya Gore shore is one o them thar neoliburls shore enuff! <- keeping on topic see! :saint:

#72 poncho, Apr 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008