1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Get Ready! the entire TNIV will be released next week!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by EaglewingIS4031, Jan 27, 2005.

1. EaglewingIS4031

EaglewingIS4031 New Member

What makes the TNIV worse (or better, depending on your point of veiw)than the NLT or NRSV. As it relates to gender and or political correctness?

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

It has nothing to do with political correctness.

It has everything to do with translating the original languages into something they do not say. Although, the translators claim that their translation is what the writer meant (or would say today), that is not an excuse to change the wording.

This Bible may not be seen as a real problem, but I see it as the beginning of major problems. Now that the changing of the original has begun; new versions will soon appear. I was somewhat joking above about the individual Bibles (such as homosexual neutral, etc.) but, watch, there will be Bibles that have meanings changed to fit modern day liberal beliefs.

Once this gate is open, then there is no end in sight.

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have not seen it anywhere in my area yet. Just as well because I will not be buying it in any fashion. I prefer to have the words literally translated rather than to have someones opinion about what the words should mean to me.

4. BruceB

BruceB New Member

Has anyone actually found a copy for sale in a Christian Bookstore yet? I was in the Family Christian Store in Durham NC on Saturday but none had come in yet. Bruce

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Sure sounds like the publisher's marketing plan of having a controversial Bible is well at work! :rolleyes:

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Well last night on the way home I heard a debate on the TNIV between Gudem and some guy who supports the TNIV. Grudems' issue with the TNIV is that it replaces masculine pronouns with gender nuetral pronouns ,there are about 3,000 of these changes in the TNIV. I see Grudems' point in that as soon as you encounter these pronouns you will have to check them out to find out if they were supposed to be directed at a masculine or gender nuetral statement. this would seem to me to be especially troubling when someone who does'nt know any batter takes the TNIV at face value.

7. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

:rolleyes: Well boys and girls...I'll NOT be buying one but I have only ONE reason why...In my trusty KJ sword is the best reason to reject it.

Revelation 22:18,19....thats all I need.

Greg Sr. [​IMG]

8. natters

natters New Member

I'm hoping to get one as soon as possible. I am very insterested in seeing first-hand this semi-controversial version of the word of God.

P.S. Rev 22:18-19 were completely true in 1605. ;)

9. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

:confused:

Quote:"P.S. Rev 22:18-19 were completely true in 1605."

And it is even MORE true TODAY!

Greg Sr. :eek: [​IMG]

10. natters

natters New Member

Let me clarify. Rev 22:18-19 were completely true in 1605, yet the KJV added and took away from the words of the previous translations of the word of God. If you list Rev 22:18-19 as a reason to reject a Bible after the KJV, I'm simply saying the same reason would exist to reject a Bible after the Geneva, or after Tyndale's or after whatever.

No it's not. God's word was completely true from the very beginning.

11. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Agreed, and don't think the publisher won't make sure the marketing is behind the TNIV to show that it is a great and accurate translation.

Sadly enough, a Bible like this just fuels the KJVo fire. I receive posts from a Bible translation forum that is filled with KJVo's and the TNIV is the BIG topic being used to prove that all MV's are corrupted.