Get Rid of the Negative Ratings

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Martin Marprelate, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate
    Expand Collapse

I would like to suggest that the board dispose of the negative ratings, particularly the 'dumb' one.

There are several reasons for this.

1. It's cheap and lazy. It's much easier to click the 'dumb' or 'dislike' icon than it is to give a reasoned response.

2. It's a subtle form of bullying. I'm noticing already that certain people are receiving negative ratings on almost everything they write.

3. It's unbiblical. Barnabus was called 'Son of Encouragement.' I don't think he got that name by clicking 'dumb' icons. We may feel we have to rebuke a brother from time to time, but it should be, '.....in humility correcting those who are in opposition' (2 Tim. 2:25). How much humble correction is there in a 'dumb' icon?

4. It's not very Loving. 'A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another.'

5. It's dumb. 'Nuff said, really.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate
    Expand Collapse

I meant to add that I have a feeling that I may have 'dumbed' someone's post at some stage, but I can't remember whose it was.
    Whoever you are, brother, I apologize.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck
    Expand Collapse

I'm for doing away with all the ratings. The 'cliques' are inevitably going to build one another up.

• Like Like x 2