1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Getting a new Body?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gubsanchez, Jan 4, 2007.

1. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs: I agree, Helen. And Eliza, what you've stated would be grand.

Hallelujah, let's go!

Not that it really matters, but thus my earlier statement about unborn babies. That would also include bodies lost at sea, or those deceased on exploding rockets.

As Eliza said, it would be nice to have that 18 year old body again. ;)

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

But you see, Sister Helen??? The elements will not actually "disappear" in fire

Example of elementary chemistry

If I were to----say----throw a wooden chair into a pile of burning rubble---and the chair "catches fire"----it "appears" as if the chair "disappears" and ceases to exist

What the chair is actually doing is "changing" form --- some of the chair is reduced to ash ---it remains a solid but in different form---- while the rest of the chair is changed to gas ---- but the chair is still a chair whether you can see it or not----it merely changes form----its the same as water being changed from a liquid to a gas to a solid---but its still what??? H2O!! Its still water!

So with our bodies ---- at resurrection they "change" They go from being temporal to being eternal! They will have the ability to remain in the visible world of Earth----but yet at the same time----have the ability to exist in the invisible world of Heaven.

But WAIT!!! There's MORE!!!!

Our bodies----in their present state---are not "fit" to exist in the very presence of God----they must be saved just like our spirits must be saved to get into His presence. In our body's present state----if we attempted to stand before the very presence of the Holiest---we'd cease to exist--- our body's finest moment before its redemption at resurrection looks as Leprosy in front of the body of the Lord Jesus Christ---so our vile bodies are "changed"---made to be like His glorious body.

Then there's the verse found in Ephesians 5:23 which says, ". . . Christ is the head of the church; and He is the saviour of the body."

We need to commit ourselves to the God who will save both spirit, soul, and BODY!!!

3. survivor

survivor New Member

I have to disagree with your statement. Some agree on a new body, most cannot agree on when this will even happen if it does. Many believe it will be at the time of death, others when they are reincarnated (something I do not agree with) and still others believe that we will just be spirits. Then there are those who believe it will be when Jesus returns.
    I go with ! Corinthians chapter 15, it talks about the resurrection and our changing bodies.
    As to when we will be changed, I am not clear on that issue. I have never really studied it so will get back to you all after I have done so.