1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Getting Rid of Rabies - the Wrong Way

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by mnw, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnw

mnw New Member

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51388

You have to beat rabies somehow, but this seems over the top. The idea of someone's pet dog being taken away as they were on a walk and beating the dog to death seems a little over the top... and probably not that effective.

My favourite quote has to be from PETA:

""We are urging everyone to actively boycott anything from China, given the bludgeoning killing of thousands of dogs and examples of cruelty towards animals," said Ingrid Newkirk, a PETA official."

If we boycott everything from China... that would not leave much would it? Would we have to stop eating Chinese food as well?

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

that's just disgusting all over the place. *shiver*

PETA -- no comment. :tongue3:

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Funny PETA did not have a problem ordering products from a country with horrable human rights records. They can beat all the human beings they want but when they beat the dogs they have crossed the line. Time for a PETA boycot.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am no fan of PETA but PETA deals with the treatment of animals, not humans. There are plenty of other organizations that deal with human rights abuses.

How does one boycott PETA other than to not donate to it - which I never have and I have no intention of ever doing so.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

PETA is boycoting China. I am not boycoting PETA, well it they had anything to boycot I guess I would.

So if there was a PETA in the 30s and 40s they would have no problem with Hittler and the NAZIs as long as they treated there dogs and other animals alright. I call that a lack of priorities.

Normal people do not run there lifes that way. Choosing one and only one issue to care about. The rest of us "normal" people have a priorty list of things we care about. For example I dont care how good my neighbor treats his dogs if he beats his children. I can not say he is a good guy because I dont concern myself with children I deal with the treatment of animals.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Perhaps we could boycott accepting any more Federal loans from them...

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Here in America we have a plentiful supply of homegrown Chinese people who cook, so no.

#7 Daisy, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  8. billwald

billwald New Member

Dog, chicken, same thing. Chinese people eat dog. Wesyerners are the only people who don't.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you don't approve of pro-life groups that focus only on the issue of abortion?

10. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Remember I talked about priorities. Human life is (or should be) the very very top priority of anybody. So there is no priority higher for them to care about.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you stated that no group should focus on only one issue. So are you saying that you misstated your position?

12. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

It would be like if I found out Hittler was dumping toxic chemicals in a lake. And I said well I dont like Hittler anymore because he was destroying the enviroment.

That would be a rediculous statement. Just like PETAs statement.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take it then that you did misstate your opposition to groups being focused on a single issue, such as anti-abortion groups, but you just don't won't to admit it.

I'm cool with that. [​IMG]

14. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I said

The idea is that there is a list of things to care about and you put those things into priority. You dont dislike a mass murder because he also litters. You dont dislike a rappest because he swears. I was trying to say that PETA has there priorities out of order.

Beating dogs is bad. But other things China does are so much worse that beating dogs are way down the priority list. PETA has a habit of doing this.

PETA puts the treatment of animals above the treatment of humans on there priority list. I care about dogs also but if I was to make a comment about Kim Jong Ill it would not be to criticize the way he treated his pet hampser.

15. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Ummm... You have to give me time to type.

16. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Anti Abortion groups care about alot of other things. But as there is no priority higher they have prioritys strait by focising on abortions.

Use another example. Should enviromentalists protest Al Quedas littering of the streets. Should they protest the damage to the enviroment terrorists do with there dumping of bodies.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a private organization, PETA can go their often misguided way. We still have at least that much freedom in the United States.

I see no reason why anyone cannot speak out about barbarism toward dogs even though they don't talk about other forms of barbarism. After all, PETA is an organization that deals with the treatment of animals, not human beings.

I am opposed to much of what PETA stands for but I am not going to get on its case on an occasion when it gets something right.

#17 KenH, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  18. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I have not advocated stoping PETA in any way from speaking or doing what ever they do. I said I found it funny.

I found it ironic that they were willing to order products from China until they found out that China was harming dogs. Even an org that deals with the treatment of animals should care about the treatment of humans. What I find ironic is that they were good with ordering products from a country that treats humans poorly until they found out they treat dogs poorly. Now they care.

I guess they would have been alright with Hittler also, as long as he was a dog lover. No problem dealing with the NAZIs it is reported that Hittler loved dogs.

I find it ironic. If you dont well, maybe it is just me. ;)

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Reading from the original artical

Now I dont understand why the dogs were beaten to death. It seems inefficient. I am not sure I believe they beat dogs as the artical says they killed something like 50,000 dogs in 5 days. That is alot of beating and would take alot of time. I suspect the dogs were killed with a hammer of some type or guns.

How do you feel about killing the dogs to prevent the death of humans? If the dog killing was done in a more humain way that is, say shooting them in the head.

What about the 4 year old girl. PETA dosent care about her becacuse they deal with animals. I have a four year old girl. Her life is worth far more then 50,000 or even 50,000,000 dogs.

#20 DeeJay, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.