1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Getting through the tough stuff - Charles Swindoll.

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Ben W, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Have recently purchased this book, well worth the investment, here is a preview and review.

Book Jacket:

Fast-paced lives with high anxiety are the norm today. Getting through the Tough Stuff is an invtation to meet Christ at the crossroads and move beyond the tough times.

We live in a time when things are tough for a lot of folks. The boomers are beginning to feel anxiety as they move toward retirement. Many people are facing financial pressure and are up to their ears in debt. We are having to care for both our kids and our parents.

The pace of life, and the demands of life, just keep getting more intense. And for many, these tough times bring life crises. This is a book of encouragement, hope and freedom... an invitation to meet Christ at the crossroads of our lives and move beyond the tough times.

Media Reviews:
    Getting Through the Tough Stuff reminded this reviewer of Psalm 23, verse 4: “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me…” That’s essentially the theme of this book. While it is filled with hope and encouragement, the author never trivializes the problems that Christians are encountering. The tough stuff is tough. Yet, the chapters in this book walk readers through the dark times with the Light of the world at their side.

http://snipurl.com/e7jp

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did I miss this? [​IMG] I liked it too!

The book points us in the right direction and gives us the encouragement we need to get through the tough times in our lives.

Rob