Gideon's Sword Forums: My Impression

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ReformedBaptist, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

Having seen the post about these forums I joined the forums and began to post. So far, after just a week or two of post there, I have found them to essentially be anti-calvinists. I also have reason to question the integrity of this group. Consider the following post sent to me when I bemoaned a post being lost, which I spend an hour and a half on expounding the Scriptures concerning the word "all" in the context of debating limited atonement.

I am politely leaving these forums. I am not saying this group has compromised their integrity, or that they haven't, but it seems to me that there is a strong anti-calvinist bias there. Sadly, I do not have the post in question anymore. When I posted my reply there I looked to just confirm that the post had been sucessfully posted, and it was, but did not save the post in a separate file. The above quote is from their administrator of the site. One would think that a post that posts "lies" or "ruse's" or uses straw men arguments would not be deleted, but easily refuted.

This is not the case with this "ministry" it seems. Join and post at your own risk.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

Another update. I received a message from another Calvinist on the boards there and learned that her posts were also deleted and she was removed from being a moderator without explaination. I also noticed that the sub-forums for the Calvinism/Arminian debate has been deleted.

Again, I do not think anyone should charge them with wrong-doing. Their actions do give rise to questions however. Hopefully they will grow in grace and peace in Christ and learn that there is nothing to fear from the truth.

3. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I am a member of that board, Reformed, and I can attest that there were several non-Calvinist posts that disappeared as well.

It is a false accusation to say the Calvinism/Armenian debate forums have been deleted. After reading your above posts, I went back and read the forum index and the challenge to you is still there.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51
    Expand Collapse

Is it not their forum? Are they not allowed, by ownership, to make their own rules and moderate accordingly? If they want Calvinist or not is indeed their right. If that is wrong in your mind then you have done the right thing by moving on. Dust off your feet and let it be a witness against them. Oh, Is that a Calvinist doctrine? If it is not, don't fret the dusting off and just move on. :rolleyes:

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

There is no accusation. Please re-read my posts here. When I logged into the site this morning, the sub-forum for Calvinsim/Arminianism was gone. Nor have I accused anyone of anything. I reported "my impression" and what gave me reason to question the integrity of this "ministry" not accuse it of impropriety. Also, by the Administrators own words, I do not believe that those who give a well-reasoned defense of the doctrines of grace will be treated fairly, nor do I believe any longer that moderation there will be done fairly.

Try not to have a knee jerk reaction my brother. I posted this here because some folks got PMs inviting them to those forums, which I read about here, and went and checked it out.

6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

Well, they do seem to want to debate the subject. I am just no longer convinced it can be done there in fairness.

7. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

One post of Reformed Baptist was either deleted or he actually canceled it by mistake himself.

If it was deleted, it was for good reason. Funny, none of the debate threads concerning Calvinism are gone... just one supposed post.

Could it be that Reformed was tired after writing a 90 minute dissertation and accidentally hit the cancel button instead of the submit button?

I have accidentally canceled posts myself from time to time.

8. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

Are you the adminstrator of the site? Have you read my posts here? Or is examining a ministry too hard for you take? Please demonstrate you have actually read my posts in THIS thread before you accuse me of making an accusation. Otherwise it is yourself who is making the false accusation, not me.

9. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The sub-forum for Calvinism/Arminianism is not gone. I just looked at it. All the threads... Predestination, Particular Atonement, Who are God's Elect/Chosen, and 4 other threads are in that sub-forum.

You overlooked it.

10. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

No, I am not the administrator of the site, Reformed Baptist. And I have read your posts. You accuse the Administrator/Moderators of deleting the Calvinism/Armenian forums on the board... which they did not.

You accuse the Administrators/Moderators of being afraid of the truth... of which they are not.

Sad.

11. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

Then it is not a false accusation. When I looked at the forum in which the sub-forum existed, it did not appear on my screen. In fact, it doesn't show up on my computer at home. Sounds to me like they have technical issues.

If you re-read my OP in this thread I feel the ministry is anti-calvinistic. So I won't post there anymore. Just my impression.

12. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

I have a question to the fairness which Calvinists will be treated there, and moderated fairly. End of story.

13. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You want to post the Calvinistic beliefs with no one refuting you then, right?

14. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

Don't be ridiculous. I have my reasons to question that Calvinists will not be treated fairly and any so-called "public debate" will be moderated fairly. Therefore I will not post there anymore. My thread here was to give my opinion and impression in this regard. End of story.

Edit: And your helping to confirm my questions. lol

15. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I notice that you and the moderator you mentioned are still members of the board. If you were not treated fairly, I am sure the moderators or administrator would remove you from the members list.

If you feel you are right in your belief, then you should be able to defend that belief, right?

Go back and defend it instead of giving up and letting them think have the victory. Cuz that is what it looks like has happened.

16. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

Ok, let me type this slower....maybe point by point then..

1. I NEVER said that I was treated infairly, I said this is my impression for the reasons I have given.

2. I don't think I did or said anything to be banned from the site. But my post did go missing after I posted it, and saw it posted. Could be technical, nothing more. As the admin said, it could have been deleted for their own reasons. I don't know, so therefore I question it. Therefore since I question, I will not post there.

3. I coudl care less how it looks.

17. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ok. You admit defeat. End of Story.

18. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist
    Expand Collapse

Hahahaha. Thanks for proving my point!

19. Brother Shane

Brother Shane
    Expand Collapse

Not answering a post or refusing to debate does not admit defeat. If you believe such, you would think you are mighty smart and undebatable around me because I ignore such circular arguing.

Remember there are some out there that sit back and watch the children act like children in the arguing department.

"Na na na boo boo, you can't argue with me."

:rolleyes:

20. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

And what point is that? That you don't have ample material to defend your position?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.