1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Gift from God?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, May 15, 2014.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My question is directed towards life verses never existing to begin with, not life verses death. I understand all the "However" you posted.

So God gives each person their physical life, correct? Forms thee in the womb. Do you think this should always be viewed as a good gift from God for the recipient?

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is always designed for ultimate "good" as determined by God's "good" purpose whether it is a vessel unto honour or dishonour, because God works "all things" according to His eternal purpose.

BTW eternal wrath in hell is "good" according to God's purpose as well as it glorifies his holiness and justice.

#22 The Biblicist, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, I understand that pov. But this is not answering my specific question.

"God gives each person their physical life, correct? Forms thee in the womb. Do you think this should always be viewed as a good gift from God for the recipient?"

I understand all is good for God's purposes.

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Ask those who are deformed from the womb. Ask those with serious debilitations from the womb. Ask the children who are aborted. Ask those who are in severe pain from the womb. Ask those who are born deaf and dumb, blind or mentally retarded. They are the recipients are they not. As for myself, I look at it as a "good" gift for me personally.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since all life is given by God, would it not have to be a "good" gift?

James1:17 - "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The text only claims that "every good" gift comes from God not that every gift God gives is good. If we are speaking about "good" in regard to intent or design than, yes, because God has no evil intent or purpose. If we are talking about "good" in the sense of practicality and experience than that is a matter of individual experience which could be good or bad. If we are talking about absolute "good" than the answer is no in regard to physical life as it is full of defects.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We who are the redeemed of the Lord possess/have Eternal e right NOW, as we are now called the children of God, yet still await glorification!

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of those are caused by the effects of the Fall of Adam, as we live in a Sin sick world now, but despite and even in that, the Lord does still bless them with physical and also in many cases eternal life!

God can and does still use those things for His glory and for their good!