1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gifts of the Spirit

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Romans7man, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we can expect a full "healing" of our bodies in the resurrection.

I also believe we have the same power (through the Holy Spirit) to do the same kinds of healing works... However, that power is dependent upon (1) the will of God and (2) our ability to be used of God in that way without it becoming destructive to ourselves and others.

I'm currently preparing the Spring curriculum I am going to teach to our adults and youth on the Acts of the Apostles, and I have been struck by not only how many miracles are recorded there, but by how many people are being killed for the sake of being witnesses/disciples of Jesus. The frequency of miracles seems to be directly tied to persecution and death. It seems pretty clear that God was empowering the early church to perform miracles to validate the early church before the world, as well as encourage those who were about to lose their lives that the Kingdom of God was definitely real and active.

Yep, that's just ridiculously bad interpretation.