Gingrich in '12??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbird, Jul 16, 2010.

1. blackbird

blackbird
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

I was listening to some talk radio here in Alabama---and the guest speaker was saying that Gingrich was the GOP's only chance at the WH in '12

Wondering what BB readers think of Gingrich's chances???

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

none.............

3. rbell

rbell
    Expand Collapse

Ticklish situation. He's conservative in some aspects, but his personal life has been a mess. Lots of ammo for detractors there.

My early favorite? Gov. Christie of NJ. He is socially and fiscally on target; constitutional in his view (not that "living, breathing" garbage)...and he's a man of his word. Imagine that, president that isn't a liar.

Hope he runs.

Gingrich? Well, I'd for sure vote for him over the Community Organizer...but I'm not that excited about his chances.

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint
    Expand Collapse

I love his conservatism, but his immoral lifestyle is lacking, no character as in Slick Willy. I heard he has converted from Baptist to Catholic?

5. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

You are correct - source: US NEWS

I will not vote for Newt - he is a hypocrite. Denouncing Clinton yet doing the same thing. Yes, morality is important to me in a leader.

But what if Obama wins because you did not vote for Newt. Then I blame the Republicans for not putting up a good candidate.

Unfortunately many, including conservatives have a short and/or selective memory.

Salty

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire
    Expand Collapse

I'm with you brother, I like what he has to say more than anyone else out there, I just don't like his character or lack there of.

7. rbell

rbell
    Expand Collapse

I'm tired of the media, the parties, and whoever else choosing our finalists for us.

We start out with 8-10 candidates, or more, for prez. Magically, all but 2-3 from each party are eliminated--before you can really get a feel for the candidate. It's as if there's a media boycott on most candidates...I mean, after all: who decided to give McCain all the publicity he got in the early days of the 2008 election cycle?

I agree that lately, Republican "finalists" have been very poor. But I'm tired of not having much of a say in the early rounds.

Yes, my rant is long on generalities, and short on specifics. Deal with it. :eek: :D :D

8. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

What gets me is when a candidate campaigns hard but looses Iowa and New Hampshire - ie does not come in first - is liable to drop out of the race. With Iowa at 7 electoral votes and NH with 4 - those two states combined only have 2% of the total electoral vote.

I would like to see regional primaries.

It would be nice if the voting was set up so an individual could pick his second and third choice.