1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gingrinch: America is in World War III

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 16, 2006.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

[quiote]Tens of thousands of Vietnam veterans disagree with you.[/quote]

Millions of them agree with me that he's a patriot and a hero for volunteering to risk his life in defense of our country. Some don't think that's so, and point out that he opposed the war. This, they call "treason". If so, then most Americans are traitors today. (For those who were asleep during social studies class, it is not treasonable to oppose the policies of your government; it is your duty to do so, if you think such policies are wrong)

Unless you live in Syria or North Korea, of course.

Can you see how normal Americans would not accept such a claim?

Many folks think of people who volunteer for combat duty as suckers. Your guy in the WH is one of them. But I think that calling them "traitors" is a bit over the top.

You deny it. but that fact that you hate Kerry, who served well and bravely, and love Bush, who failed his country when called to serve, speaks much more eloquently.

The psychology of those who dodged service, when thinking about those who went and served well, is usually to hate them.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:Carpro

They believe, as I do, that Kerry is a traitor.

You deny it. but that fact that you hate Kerry, who served well and bravely, and love Bush, who failed his country when called to serve, speaks much more eloquently.

The psychology of those who dodged service, when thinking about those who went and served well, is usually to hate them.[/quote]

I could have exaggerated like you did about the "millions" and chose not to. I'll just repeat, since you didn't seem to get it, that Kerry's status as a traitor has nothing at all to do with his 4 month tour of duty in Vietnam. If I remember correctly, Benedict Arnold was a decorated war hero as well.

You also seem to be indicating that you think I may have dodged service myself. You should beware of trying to pigeonhole others. You know nothing about me or my "service".

Maybe if I rode into work on a Huey surrounded by my trusted fellow warriors proudly pronouncing I am "reporting for duty" and saluted, I'd be more convincing.:laugh:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Galation goes decidedly quiet when he's been nailed.:smilewinkgrin: