1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Girls on the Mind

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Q. Marlow, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Q. Marlow

Q. Marlow New Member

I am a 15 years old and definitly a guy. My question is how much should I let myself dwell on girls??? When I turned about 11(?) I started to notice girls, and since then never have really stopped. I don't believe this is wrong in and of itself. But how much is to much? I think that is my question. :confused:

2. Ars

Ars New Member

If you find yourself dwelling on girls too much, I suggest you ...read Bible scriptures, pray, shovel walks, clean toilets... ;)

Anyone here can give you suggestion after suggestion, because we've all been there (on one side or the other). The most important thing to keep in mind is that girls are people and are to be treated as such. More importantly, you are to treat them in all purity. (1 Timothy 5:2)

When you find yourself thinking about girls more than God, you are crossing the line into Idolatry. Where will your allegiance start? You can only serve one or the other.

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
    Matt.6:24

Dave

3. Joy

Joy New Member

Some advice from a mother- don't worry too much about being normal. It isn't a sin to be normal. God created men and women the way they are for a purpose. I think what you are worried about is struggling with temptations. You got some good advice above- keep busy! Jesus dealt with temptation by memorizing and quoting Scripture.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I think it is very dangerous to spend too much time thinking about girls, not because all thoughts are immoral, but because it opens doors that you are not able and ready to go through and creates possibilities of temptation in an uncontrolled mind even with the best intentions. It hinders your ability to build relationships with other guys. Here is what I would suggest for you. BTW, I am 32 and single so I am not telling you anything that I don't have to live everyday of my life. At this point, I am able to marry if I so chose, but have chosen not to to this point in my life.

In addition to what was previously said about Scripture memory and spiritual growth, I would say:

1. Develop good friendships with other guys who share your goals for godliness. If you can't find some, start discipling someone. Encourage them to pursue God. Too much time spent alone or spent with girls will only exacerbate the problem. You should not open doors that you can't go through. Dwelling on girls too much at your age (or mine) opens doors to desires that you cannot fulfill.

2. Get involved in physical activity. Find a sport you like -- either a team sport or an individual sport (running, tennis, golf, etc). When you are idle, your mind is going to wonder and create scenarios that you shouldn't dwell on. Even something as simple as going to a tennis court with wall and just hitting balls against the wall will help, going to a park and shooting baskets, etc. Do anything but do something.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pastor Larry:
    Do anything but do something.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, anything that is right and trustworthy. . . .

6. MagicDar

MagicDar New Member

Here is a way you can tell if you are thinking of girls too much.....is your relationship with God suffering at all? It is totally normal for any guy to be thinking of the opposite sex and that in this day in age is a relief, but if your mind is so focused on chickies then your not focusing on your goals in life and the direction God wants you to go in and your choices will become directed to how to get the girl you want. ;)