1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliani and the Judges

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 17, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071117/ap_po/giuliani_federalists

Giuliani would pick conservative judges

By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writer
    Sat Nov 17, 5:24 AM ET

WASHINGTON - Rudy Giuliani assured a conservative legal group Friday that if elected president he would appoint federal judges who adhere to their principles. He also praised a judge who declared the capital city's gun ban unconstitutional and ridiculed efforts to eliminate the words "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Giuliani appoint any judges as mayor of New York City? If so, what kind of judges were they?

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't trust Guiliani at all. I think he'd end up appointing David Souter, part II.

4. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

After all the vitriol I have read here directed toward those who are pro-choice, how can any anti-abortion supporter trust what Giuliani says?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because, Dagwood, there are pro-life conservative Christians who fear and/or hate Hillary Clinton more than they care about the abortion issue, and they believe that Giuliani can defeat Clinton.

#5 KenH, Nov 17, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  6. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Bingo! :applause:

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You can be certain Hillary will support abortion, and with Rudy, there is a chance he won't.

You can be certain Hillary will appoint liberal judges, and Rudy claims he won't.

No, I don't support Rudy.

8. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I don't support Rudy either.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How can anyone support pro choice that claims to be Christian, and baptist at that (Clinton)?

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because we are discussing government policy, not personal behavior. The government is not the church.

11. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

So, you are saying I am only "claiming" to be a Christian? It's alright, you are entitled to your opinion. Besides, you don't really know anything about me other than your interpretation of what I say and what you imagine.

I feel that the right-wing extremists are more dangerous to our country than any pro-choice candidate could possibly be. We have had year after year of republican control of the government without any significant change in the abortions performed in this country. Anyone who continues to support this republican party hoping for something different is being a fool. They are just suckers who the republican party uses like a man uses a prostitute.

I believe that the democratic party is more in line with what is needed in this country. We need healthcare and an end to this warmongering more than anything else, in my opinion.

As far as abortion is concerned. I, nor my wife, has ever had an abortion, nor have we had anything to do with performing one. I will allow an expectant mother to decide for herself what is the right thing for her to do. The last thing we need is for a church to dictate to society how we are to live. Jesus did not set about to reform Roman policies by being involved with government affairs. If you preachers would concentrate on the areas God has given you to operate in, the country would be better off!

12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Yea heaven forbid we stop a mother from slaughtering her child born or unborn. After all we do not want to dictate how people are to live.:BangHead:

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

First, my quote was in regards to Clinton.

Although, with the above bolded, I have my concerns. You will allow an expectant mother to decide if murder for herself is right? Why not allow GOD decide?

#13 webdog, Nov 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007
  14. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Not worth the time to reply to Timmy and more of his clever remarks!

15. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

You will have to ask the expectant mother about that. I have never been involved with abortion.

BTW, Webdog and Timmy, why not respond to the part about the republican parties lack of action while in power? I'm sure Timmy can come up with some other clever remark.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have to ask the expectant mother if her decision should outweigh God's? You claim to be a Christian? Wow. As far as the republicans...who cares? The real issue is your support of murdering the unborn. Sickening.

17. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

In other words, you are dishonest because you will not address the republican lack of action concerning abortion, but quickly jump on the democrats! Sickening and hypocritical!

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll jump on anyone who supports abortion, obviously by my negative posts to you. That's the main issue for me, not political party. If there is a pro life democrat (fat chance) and pro choice republican, the dem gets my vote.

19. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

You say you "jump on anyone who supports abortion?" Well then, how about the republican parties lack of action. Care to comment on that? :laugh:

BTW, you sound like a pastor, am I correct?

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is any party going to overturn Roe v. Wade?

I'm not a pastor. Are pastors the only one that can speak up in regards to the sanctity of life?