1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giving to Tsunami Funds Terrorism?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    U.S. Tsunami Aid Going to al Qaida-Linked Group

Some of the massive U.S. aid package earmarked for Indonesian tsunami victims is going to a radical Muslim group with direct ties to al Qaida, including at least one terrorist leader who is accused of helping the 9/11 hijackers.

The radical Muslim group Laskar Mujahidin has reportedly dispatched 200 of its members to the hard-hit provincial capital of Banda Aceh, where they were seen Thursday unloading truckloads of aid at the military airport there.

But in the midst of the tsunami relief efforts, it's Laskar Mujahidin that has raised the most concern. The group's al Qaida ties have other aid groups working to help tsunami victims afraid of being seen with Americans.

"Our teams are told that they should not fly in American army helicopters, since we're concerned that they could be a particular target," said Michel Brugiere, director of the French medical group Doctors of the World.

see full story at
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/7/73549.shtml

Thoughts?

2. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

I wouldnt personaly be to scared, i havent seen that on the news and that would definatly have been a hot topic. I went to the web page and by the way the adds are and the lack of any hard proof id be on the look out. Also the adds seem a little cheap. Just some things ive noticed after taking debate classes, it just doesent have enough back up to make me worried.