1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Global New Deal'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Enoch, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Brown has been pushing his global agenda for sometime now and Obama is ready to listen. I'm afraid we are heading for change I never dreamt possible in my lifetime.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/01/british-pm-propose-global-new-deal-rescue-worlds-economy/
    What is more intresting than the above story is the OP in the Times of London by Gordon Brown, PM.

Read the rest here
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article5821821.ece

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

We are all in this together.

3. targus

targus New Member

Then shouldn't we all pay for this together?

How much more in taxes are you willing to pay for all the spending that you support?

4. billwald

billwald New Member

You all think your personal life is normal - talk to someone over 80

You all think you have been living the normal life. You and I have have been living in freak times which will probably not return until 20 years after WW3, whenever that is. 100 years ago and back to Adam getting kicked out of the Garden 80% of working people never in their entire lives had 2 months pay in their pocket at one time. The average worker NEVER had credit to by stuff. Prior to the 20th century almost no working person was able to buy a house with as little as 20% down.

My Old Man had to quit school in the 8th grade so he could work and help feed his family. That was normal for half of all working people. The middle class, doctors, lawyers, business owners, most all had live in servants and were maybe 15% of the population. HALF the people who came through Ellis Island became live in servants. Exactly whom do you think hired them? Plumbers and carpenters? Butchers and grocers? Farmers? prior to WW1 half of all Americans lived on the farm.

Before WW1 half of all Americans had neither electricity nor indoor plumbing. Half of all city working people lived tenements and had maybe one bathroom for 5 families.

So ask yourselves, how did we in the US pull ourselves up so far and how can we raise the rest of the world up to our standard of living? Or will end up in splitting the difference? The natives are restless.

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Thanks for sharing. I think most people realize life was different for those who are older. I really enjoy listening to stories of elder friends and family. So do you agree with the global agenda of Brown? I think regardless of ones age our opinion of the "change" some are advocating is a direction that is life changing for the American way of life.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Seems like the one world global companies have the world wide economy a done deal and the governments have lost control. What's the choice? Go with the flow or become an isolationist nation? Maybe we could maintain a 50's economy and life style if we became isolationist? Renege on all foreign debts and close the borders? It worked for Japan for a couple hundred years. Back then Americans were very happy to have a 1000 sq ft house, one car, and 2 weeks vacation. Fresh food only in season.

How many sermons did Jesus give bad mouthing the money changers? back then multiple currencies ripped off the poor just like now. If there was a one world unified currency then the money changers would be out of a job. I don't see how it could make things worse. The US, GB, and the EU could all use the EU currency. National currency is mostly a "pride" thing and a means of ripping off the working people.

It would work if countries were forced to keep honest books. Make cooking the books a firing squad offense along with their wives, husbands, parents and children.

90% of the money in circulation is electronic transfer, anyway. Guy on CtoC last night claimed that in Korea no one uses credit cards any more - they make purchases with cell phones. Don't know how it works or if true.

7. Enoch

Enoch New Member

It's hard to fathom this as a possibility but look how fast Obama has changed the direction of America. Waiting for the G-20 summit...
    Global new deal 'possible' in months : Brown

Read more here
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090304/bs_afp/usbritaineconomybankingbrown_20090304020753