1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Global Warming" talks begin with prayer to Mayan Moon Goddess

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

From one moon goddess to another: "Ha, you need to inspire your humans toward good sense! Global warming is a joke."

(my given name is Cynthia, lol)

3. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

"If you think there is no religious aspect to the environmental movement, think again.

"Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change and a native of Costa Rica, opened the summit with an invokation to the ancient Mayan jaguar goddess Ixchel, saying that Ixchel was:

"the goddess of reason, creativity and weaving. May she inspire you -- because today, you are gathered in Cancun to weave together the elements of a solid response to climate change, using both reason and creativity as your tools."

'According to Figueres, Ixchel is also a Mayan moon goddess.

'..."Excellencies, the goddess Ixchel would probably tell you that a tapestry is the result of the skilful interlacing of many threads...I am convinced that 20 years from now, we will admire the policy tapestry that you have woven together and think back fondly to Cancun and the inspiration of Ixchel."'

http://www.examiner.com/conservativ...it-begins-with-prayer-to-mayan-goddess-ixchel

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And I'm sure that's all wonderful to the world - because it's not God. :tear:

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

What is all of this worship the earth stuff?

I don't get it, although I know somehow this has an evil platform.

Is there anyone on this board that has studied this out, and has some insight on this matter?

My son, who is autistic, brings home papers that basically worship this earth, from school, though he has no clue what is going on due to his condition.

I really worry about my daughter. She's only almost 11 months old. I want answers and wisdom with this.

#5 preacher4truth, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
  6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Preacher if I were you I would consider looking at home schooling or a good private Christian school. This global warming stuff is truly evil .

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow is right. This isn't "science," it's a religion.

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Where is Crabby's defense of this? I'd love to hear his response since he is so convinced that global warming is real.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

>And I'm sure that's all wonderful to the world - because it's not God.

That's the bottom line issue, isn't it? Whose God is running the show? Goes back to Elijah and the priests of Baal.

10. RAdam

RAdam New Member

If she had opened with a prayer in the name of Jesus people would have gone bananas. Moon goddess? That's perfectly fine. Good grief.

11. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange bedfellows we have here.

Environmentalists with New Age, pagan beliefs rely on the scientific theories and observations of scientists (who are much more likely to be atheists or agnostics than pagan or New Age). Global warming may very well be real, but the worldviews surrounding the movement to curtail it are quite interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.