1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gnostic assualt

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Boanerges, May 15, 2006.

1. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Lately Christians have been under a gnostic assault. With the DaVinci codes, the gospel of Judas, all of the "scholarly" shows on the history channel, National geographic, on and on, it is nothing short of an all out assault on the true Gospels of the Christian faith. I went to a university graduation, and the so called pastor gave a wonderful new age spiritism adress to the graduates. Paul warned us about the wolves among the flock, and all of this activity gives a clear understanding to what he was saying. How much of this stuff are you seeing in the assemblies that you attend?

2. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

I agree with you completely on this issue. The problem is that there are cracks in the foundation of Christendom, not Christianity- the old-time faith-- not the Foundation Who is Jesus Christ, but in Christendom. Especially in America. In fact the cracks are now gaping fissures. Why? Because in the last five decades many Christians have built on the foundations of men and movements, of entertainment and egotism, of thin skin and thick hearts.

I think it is safe to say that America has been the biggest proponent of the gospel for the last few hundred years; how appropriate that Satan would work, and work diligently to exploit the weaknesses of men here. Now we, as a nation and as a people, are in a mess that frankly only a miracle of God can reverse. Now, in a nation where there were mostly good, decent, moral, godly Christians who put Christians in the leadership of government and made much ado of it, now there are liars, cheaters, hypocrites and all manner of perverse and unregerate heathens in the leadership of this once great nation. The degredation of this society waxes worse and worse with each passing day; you can see it, hear it and smell it all around you.

There was a time when "they" would not dare brodcast the blasphemies and filth that they do now, because there would have been a majority Christian outcry, and they would have hungs their heads in shame and been branded. But now they boast, they are proud, they are defiant and joyfully wicked- wagging their heads at your God and mine. Where is the Christian outcry today? When there is one, it is an exceeding small one and the brethren are laughed to scorn by the majority heathen outcry.

2 Timothy 3:1-9
    This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
    Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
    But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

Phat Pheline Phrend

3. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Preach it Phat Phrend!!!! I thought I was dreaming.:)The feel good "gospel" where stadium preachers refuse to mention the name of Jesus as to not "offend" someone are becoming the norm.

4. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Preach it. 24/7/365. Then block access to city halls, state and local courthouses, state and federal legislatures, the Supreme Court. Make them haul us off to jail by the thousands, daily.

If illegal immigrants can field millions to block our streets, surely we can promote a "million person march" on all aspects of government. Or we can continue to say, "ain't it awful, woe is us," and do nothing. Oh -- and don't forget that permit to assemble and march.......

5. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Depending on which version one uses, you could have your own gnostic assault going on as you read your "bible".

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems people would rather believe a lie than the truth. Even though they know very well what they believe is a lie. They seem to hold fast to the lie as if in fear, that the truth will expose there willing deception. What kind of a person is deceived willingly? welcoming it as though it were some kind of relief.... Relief!, from what? Maybe,just maybe the wrath of the Lamb.
    MB

7. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

What breaks my heart is to watch how the standards of decency,morality and personal holiness that were once the NORM within our Bible believing BAPTIST churches(and others)have slipped to the point where even on a sunday morning you almost have to be careful where you AIM YOUR EYES and what you LISTEN to(musically).I will say for the record that my Pastor preaches hard and straight...and I appreciate that....but many in attendance just seem to gloss over what he says so very clearly since nothing seems to change much of the time.He has told me that I simply would NOT believe the looks he gets from some of the folks in the pew when he preaches the truth.I hope the Lord returns soon.I'm so tired of the sin of this world and the sin which so easily BESETS ME as well.

Greg Sr.

8. standingfirminChrist

People would rather live the lie, because if they admit the truth and turn from the lie, they give up pleasures... or they think they will not seem strong if they admit they hold to sin.

So, to appear to be what they truly are not, they live the lie.

9. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

These certainly are perilous times. It really seems that the hearts of even believers have waxed cold. I am always grateful for those in the church I pastor, who really love the Lord and have a great desire to walk in His way. It seems that the majority have ears in the service but don't really hear. I am amazed, even at myself, at how boneheaded we christians can be. God's way is always the best and always leads to His blessings, but we continue to go our own way. Lord, speak to our hearts and bring us back to you. Maranatha----Come quickly Lord Jesus!

Bro Tony