1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gnosticism 2

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Askjo, Sep 8, 2004.

1. natters

natters New Member

Askjo said "You criticized and denied the gnosticism among Mvs and apographs because you rejected Webster dictionary's definition of the Gnosticism."

Askjo, a definition of Gnosticism is not the same as examples of Gnosticism in modern versions. Provide a specific example or give it a rest.

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Michelle, I agree! [​IMG]

3. natters

natters New Member

Michelle said "They have done this with every single bit of evidence given to them, and then claim falsely, none has been given."

Michelle, provide a specific example from within a modern version (i.e. chapter and verse) or give it a rest. If Gnosticism was so prevalent in modern versions, it should be relatively easy to find a single verse to discuss.

4. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have not given one bit of evidence - NOT ONE CHAPTER AND VERSE OUT OF ANY MV (see, I can use all caps too). You only gave someones quote about the MV's, and those sources DID NOT PROVIDE ONE CHAPTER AND VERSE.

5. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Michelle, provide a specific example from within a modern version (i.e. chapter and verse) or give it a rest. If Gnosticism was so prevalent in modern versions, it should be relatively easy to find a single verse to discuss.

Many have not only avoided the obvious from the facts of the history and texts, but also avoided the obvious that was provided from an mv itself. And further evidence was given regarding those men responsible for these texts, and all that was done was excusing away, and reasoning away the OBVIOUS.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

6. natters

natters New Member

How did I know you were not going to provide a specific chapter:verse?

"OBVIOUS"? Make it SUPER obvious. Provide a chapter:verse. Go ahead. Now's your chance. Really. It's easy. Type in the name of a book of the Bible, followed by a number, followed by a colon, followed by another number.

Out of all the verses in the Bible, surely you can find ONE?

7. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is obvious is that you have not provided one single verse out of a MV and you only gave someoness quote if it supports your belief. But, the source of these quotes is suspect and still has not provided one example - i.e. a verse that supports gnosticism.

8. michelle

michelle New Member

How did I know you were not going to provide a specific chapter:verse?

"OBVIOUS"? Make it SUPER obvious. Provide a chapter:verse. Go ahead. Now's your chance. Really. It's easy. Type in the name of a book of the Bible, followed by a number, followed by a colon, followed by another number.

Out of all the verses in the Bible, surely you can find ONE?

Go search it out Natters. I have provided it in another thread, and it took me two whole days to prepare it, along with the other thread that I started on W/H to which you admitted you didn't read the links, like I kindly asked you, so that you would have better understanding. I also provide two links to explain to you what gnosticism is. Askjo has also done this and it was excused away and reasoned away also. We were/are mocked, ridiculed and falsely accused. I am not doing the work again, because I already did it, and provided it, and can see clearly that you do not care one iota.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

9. natters

natters New Member

Book chapter:verse. Just one. Easy. Quick. It will take you 1/20th of the time it took you to type that last response.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle and Askjo,

Asking nicely and politely, not attacking either of you in any way:

PLEASE cite even ONE chapter/verse reference where a MV has a Gnostic reading and the KJV does not. This should be a simple task, and after that we can begin a new thread to discuss that reading.

Thank you very much for helping me out here.

Ziggy

11. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle and Askjo,

Asking nicely and politely, not attacking either of you in any way:

PLEASE cite even ONE chapter/verse reference where a MV has a Gnostic reading and the KJV does not. This should be a simple task, and after that we can begin a new thread to discuss that reading.

Thank you very much for helping me out here.

Ziggy

You can find what I provided a while ago, with the NIV and how it was gnostic/New Age. I am not sure what page it is on, but it is somewhere near the middle of the thread. This can be found in the thread about New Age in the MV's. Just to let you know, I am not going to argue or debate it. It was already discussed, and I have nothing further to say about it. It is up to each individual to search out the matter for themselves. You either agree, or disagree, but please, I wish many of you would stop saying that nothing has been provided. Maybe it is not proof to you, but it is proof enouph for me, and many others. I also recommend reading the other things I mentioned, as well as Askjo, so that you have a full grasp of this. If you do not observe all the evidence given so far, and I am sure there is more, then how can one look at this in a realistic, unbiased and truthful manner?

michelle

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You sound LIKE James R. White. He said,
    Michelle quoted,
    Michelle is right. I quoted:
    Look at the 1828 Webster dictionary defines what gnostic is:
    Stewart confronted James R. White questioning him concerning the gnosticism, but James White is impossible to answer Stewart's questions. That means very obvious that Webster was right because his definition of gnosticism is very obvious to prove. Dr. Branine explained why James White falsely answered concerning the word, "tamper." Dr. Branine answered him in the Internet.

Marica quoted,
    AVL1984 quoted,
    Natters quoted,
    TC quoted,
    Ziggy quoted,
    Hey, relax yourself, please! Last time I give you last link from Dr. Branine. I puzzle, you did not notice what Dr. Branine referred to a person who wrote a book. Please look at what Dr. Branine quoted about him,
    It is Jay P. Green, Sr.! I have his 113 pages book, "The Gnostics, the New Versions, and The Deity of Christ". This book will give YOU the lists of many verses including manuscripts. Get this book for yourself.

13. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have a book full of lists, then surely you can take the time to post a few verses here.

14. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Yada, Yada, Yada. Let me translate because it is important to translate when one speaks in an unknown tongue. Here is the translation---

I never have given the verse, but as long as I send you on a wild goose chase I don't have to answer your question, because the truth is I can't answer what I don't know. But if you understood, then you would understand.

You guys might as well just quit asking Michelle and Askjo for documentation from the Bible for their statements, because they cannot provide what does not exist.

Bro Tony

15. michelle

michelle New Member

If you have a book full of lists, then surely you can take the time to post a few verses here.

You have already been given plenty and you just excuse and reason and argue it away, to then say, oh, only show us a few verses, so that you can do the same thing with that, and wasting Askjo, and others precious time. If you really care to know genuinely, go research it out yourself. Askjo has been very generous in giving you all the information you need.

Study to show yourself approved unto God. Askjo doesn't, nor anyone else needs to do your studying for you. You have asked, and he has given and you rejected it. I have also given, and you have rejected it. I am done as all you like to do is argue and reason against it to avoid the obvious each and every time.

michelle

16. natters

natters New Member

Askjo, just give a book/chapter/verse! Why is this so difficult for you? One verse! Simple! It will take less than 15 keystrokes!

17. michelle

michelle New Member

Yada, Yada, Yada. Let me translate because it is important to translate when one speaks in an unknown tongue. Here is the translation---

I never have given the verse, but as long as I send you on a wild goose chase I don't have to answer your question, because the truth is I can't answer what I don't know. But if you understood, then you would understand.

And you are a liar and a false accuser. Go back and read my post to Ziggy.

michelle

18. michelle

michelle New Member

Askjo, just give a book/chapter/verse! Why is this so difficult for you? One verse! Simple! It will take less than 15 keystrokes!

If you really care enouph about it, go search it out yourself. It has already been provided.
    You all have proven you do not care about the truth, but only to argue and waste our time.

michelle

19. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Askjo,

I'm not meaning this the wrong way - but how do you define gnosticism?

The main problem reconciling purported MV humanism and gnosticism is that they would pull a biblical text in opposing directions! Gnosticism IS NOT akin to liberal humanism.

20. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Michelle,

I read and you have my response. I do not lie and you need to watch you accusitory tongue. With the nasty things that come out you probably ought to skip your closing phrase, it rings hollow and empty. Just like your support for KJVO.

Bro Tony