1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Go Forth And Multiply

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Cutter, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Current birth rates could produce Muslim domination
    Chad Groening

The Population Research Institute says the Western world is facing a crisis as virtually every country has birth rates well below the replacement rate of 2.1 children per woman.

A pro-family organization has done extensive research into birth rates around the world and has concluded that if the Western world wants to survive, it better start having more children. The Population Research Institute (PRI) says virtually every Western or Westernized nation on the planet is slowly dying off because birth rates have fallen below the 2.1-child-per-woman replacement level.

PRI spokesman Joseph D'Agostino says for the most part, only Muslims have high birth rates. "It's because Christians and Jews are refusing to have children, refusing to get married, [and] having such low birth rates that the Muslims are going to inherit the Earth," he explains. "It's not anything the Muslims are doing; it's what Christians and Jews are not doing."

D'Agostino says the future of the world will certainly be quite different if Muslims become the dominate population group in the coming decades. "I think we can see what life is like in Islamic countries," he says. "I think Christians know that it's a false religion. And we can see that the Muslim world is becoming actually more radical and, in many ways, is headed backwards into its barbaric phase."

D'Agostino notes that it is only through immigration that the U.S. population continues to grow -- and that the current situation begs a pragmatic solution: "If you don't want the world to turn into Saudi Arabia, maybe people other than Muslims need to start having some kids at the rate the Muslims are having kids."

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

We have had six children. So, I am beating most families in the world on kids. If your not having kids, get married and have a few.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

50 years ago protestants said the same thing about Catholics but now Italy has one of the lowest birth rates in the world. Muslim birth rate will drop as their standard of living increases.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see, Muslim men can have up to 4 wives, they treat their women worse than dogs, and they have little regard for human life. I wouldn't advise Christian men start acting like Muslims.

We Christians are called to "WIN" souls for the Lord, spiritually speaking. I'm not in any competition to have physical babies, nor am I under any biblical obligation to populate the planet so Christians can be the majority race.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to the Population Research Institute - http://pop.org/ - and found that it was founding by Catholics (no problem there).

They are opposing abortion and what they call the over-populating myth. (No problem there)

However, to claim that we are all going to turn into Muslims if we don't start popping out babies sounds to me as if they BELIEVE in the over-population myth.

And I am VERY SORRY to bring this up again, but the following statement just sounds racist to me. (Don't stone me)

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Or, you could wait on God's timing...