1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Go here and vote.

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Jul 15, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That's a poll on abortion and it's almost 50/50.
    :(

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I agree. I didn't vote when the same poll was posted about a week ago, and I won't this round either.

4. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Texas Monthly is a huge publication. It is owned by an interest in New York and is published there also. The stats will be used in the publication to prove abortion is still approved in the US. We need to take a stand. Please Vote.

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ownership and the location of publishing is a very different thing from readership and focus. Most magazines are owned by media companies located in New York or Los Angeles and magazines are published at huge presses mostly located in the northern part of the company (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New York, etc.).

When I was the editor of a local Texas city magazine, we published in Minnesota. The national magazines I have edited have also been published in Minnesota, even though the content creation was done in Texas.

Notice some of the other polls – the best barbecue in Texas and whether Laura Miller should run for mayor of Dallas.

While I know quite a bit about Laura Miller (who is now mayor of Dallas), I doubt many people outside of Texas know who she is.

Sorry, this is a Texas-based (they create content in Austin) and Texas-focused (hence the title, “Texas Monthly”) magazine.

[/QB][/QUOTE]The stats will be used in the publication to prove abortion is still approved in the US. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Do they say this anywhere? The only thing I see is that they note that this poll is unscientific and only represents the opinions of people who visit the site. That doesn’t sound like a poll designed to “prove” anything.

Each to his own conviction. If you believe you can participate in good conscience, then go for it.

Since I am a Texan and both a subscriber and a reader of Texas Monthly, I voted. :D