1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Go Now, and, "Sin no more!"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 29, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can guarantee all of you one thing about the Second Coming of Jesus... He won't be returning on May 28, 2010... that is, unless, you and me, were left behind, Jesus didn't return a yesterday. :laugh:

As for when He'll return, that is not for us to be concerned about. We are told that His return will be like a "thief in the night", and we should be living with that thought and very hope in mind with each waking day.

I think all of us can agree that things are growing worse with each passing "Breaking News Story" on CNN and Fox, and network news. I think each of can agree that every time we read of, or, in the case of millions of people around the Pacific Ring of Fire, feel the ground shake, and age old volcanoes come-to-life belchimg smoke, fire and lava, we may be encouraged to leave the windows open that night, for it may be the night the Lord returns like that proverbial thief.

Are events worse now than at any other time in history ??? I don't know, but, being a witness to the present, not the past; and not being previleged to know the future, I, like many of you, tend to think we may be seeing things that are far worse than anything our forefathers ever could have imagined. We can only base our thoughts upon what we know of the past, and what we see going on around us right now!

Still, when He returns is not as important as our being completely ready for His return. This is why we must go forth each day, and with His constant help and guidance, live to "Sin No More!" This directive, given to the prostitute who was caught in the act and brought to the Lord to be stoned, must be forever seared within out hearts, mind and spirit.

So, go now, and "sin no more!"

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Peggy

Peggy New Member

Honestly, I think that things were far worse in the past then they are now. For example, in the early 14th century, the Black Plague killed 1/3 of the population of Europe. That's pretty horrible if you ask me. Then there are the devastating wars that have been fought in the past 2000 years that killed millions and affected millions more. Each generation has thought that they were in the Last Days, because there is just so much wrong in this world.

With modern communications, we are just more aware of wars, earthquakes, fires, floods, ungodliness, and other forms of evil, both natural and man-made. We've been living in the last days ever since the Resurrection.

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

As I sit in my air conditioned house using my computer and conversing with people around the world while checking my 401k, I do wish I was living in a better time and place... say 15th or 16th century Europe.

4. Bro K

Bro K New Member

Thanks for reminding us of God's proclamation: It is appointed unto man once to die, and after that the judgment.