1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Go Sing

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Jeff Weaver, May 2, 2007.

1. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

Hi folks

My mother has been gravely ill, and I ain't been so great myself of late. Today both of us had a pretty good day, and I spent the whole day with her in the hospital, held her hand and we sang to each other for several hours. Nothing was probably on key, but we sang to each other. We hadn't done that since I was a little boy. If you still have your parents, go sing with them, if you have children, go sing with them. I learned a great deal about my mother today that I had been to busy to notice before. She brought back to memory hymns my grandmother sang to me as a wee lad. Go sing with your family.

Jeff

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen and AMEN! It's wonderful you got to spend such a lovely day with your mom, Jeff. :godisgood:

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a little kid, my mom was often heard singing in the kitchen. As soon as I was old enough, I started singing with her. When I learned to, I began to harmonize with her. Those are some of the best memories I have of my mom.

She went to join the heavenly choir just over 2 years ago. I'm praying that Jesus will take us out of here soon so I can harmonize with her again. "Come quickly Lord Jesus."