1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Bless all you two faced- Judgmental- Back Stabbing Gossipers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tinytim, Nov 21, 2011.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

BUT YOU CUT OFF THE REST OF WHAT I SAID!!! I'm not talking about the moment of salvation - but the whole life. If I were to walk up to someone in the street and say "Become a Christian. You just need to pray this prayer and not do anything else ever. You don't need to change anything about you because God loves you just as you are. He won't expect you to forgo sin in the future - you can just embrace it because it is who you are." would that be an honest conversion?

2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

So which one of these things are sin?

"I cut my hair, don't wear a dress, read an NIV Bible, smoke cigarettes, drink a wine cooler, bet on a nascar race, or miss a month of Sundays"

Answer: None of them.

As for the other things, the renewed earth will be filled with the worst of the worst, but who have been cleansed by the blood of Christ.

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I don't see how you can say that someone who misses a month of sundays at church for no good reason has not sinned. "do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together."

I don't know if the person quoted in the OP is saved or not, but they are not demonstrating a christ-like attitude toward fellow believers.

4. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Lots of Pharasees round here.....

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, we all stray.

Anyone who boasts of their walk before God (directly or indirectly) is in for a fall.

The basic problem here is the motive and the manner of the one who is pointing the finger.

When the judge points the finger at us it is to punish.

When the doctor points his finger at us (or a body member) it is for healing.

Yes, we are too be watching our brother but for his healing.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
    2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
    3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.​

Rather than judging and gossiping and yes even flailing away at the erring brother with scripture and tossing him into the lake of fire how about some prayer and intercession on his/her behalf with tears?

One day anyone of us could be next in line.

NKJV Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.​

Here is a rhetorical question from Scripture:​

Psalm 130:3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?​

Rhetorical answer: Nobody. ​

HankD​

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Nothing is as bad as a Pharisee who uses his own life to interpret scripture.

Freeatlast mentions that a Christian will not practice sin. That is not what the bible says. It say they will not commits sin. The word "practice" is added to justify their behavior. I imagine that when he sins, no matter how often, it is never practicing sin. However, if someone else has a particular problem with sin he would conclude that they are guilty of practicing sin and therefore could not be a Christian. Hypocrisy is never seen by the one practicing it!

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL has previously said that he sins every two or three days.

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Oh? I've heard it's been up to 4 days at a time.

When did conceit, judgmentalism and outbursts of anger stop being sin?

9. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

"When did conceit, judgmentalism and outbursts of anger stop being sin?"
    When some expert on here rewrites doctrine with a few convincing scriptures lol.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Not true. They could all be sin if not done in faith. Romans 14:23

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is false.

12. Jeremiah2911

Jeremiah2911 Member
    Site Supporter

None of them! O come on, reading the NIV is a sin and you know it! :smilewinkgrin:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Doesn't mean a person won't sin again--we will sin--but if a person professes Christ and there has never been a change in their life[regeneration], that persons faith is folly [I'm not judging, just believing Scripture]...the person in the OP, saved or not, as was stated by 12 Strings, was not exhibiting a very Christ like Spirit at the very least.....

13. preacher4truth

What he said isn't false.

Here's the link:

http://www.baptistboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1738900

Your denial is false. I won't even go as far as you would and call you a (you know what).

The evidence is clear. You've called me a (you know what) several times saying you never made the above statement. Well, you most certainly have.

You also say InTheLight made a false statement.

Learn to tell the truth and own up, no?

#33 preacher4truth, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Again you lie. I said what I said but not what he said or what you are agreeing with him about.

15. preacher4truth

Baloney. Everyone can see who's telling the truth, and who's not, and the latter would be you Gerald.

Own up, man up, Christian up, and stop bearing false witness. And stop the false name-calling that has no basis of truth in it whatsoever.

And to further clarify: You've called others liars for quoting you on your sinless number of days. You've also called another a liar on here in yet another thread who (she) did not in any way, shape, or form lie. This is typical of you, the name-calling bit. The fact is that you did in fact make the statement, that you deny, and I quoted you as proof. I won't go back and forth with you on it, as I will avoid you as you continue "missing the mark" (hamartia) in your denial, that, and your name-calling is also "missing the mark."

I quote you, again:

#35 preacher4truth, Nov 22, 2011
  16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Like I said you lied. I did say what I said and what you posted, but I did not say what was stated I said. So you lied.

17. preacher4truth

More on freeatlasts opinion of himself, to which he denies ever saying:

And then this:

If you don't get the exact number of days fale says he doesn't sin, then he calls the person a liar (which I do believe is a sin in itself due to his doing so being untruthful in the first place) and is also against BB rules.

So much for today being a day without sin for fale.

#37 preacher4truth, Nov 22, 2011
  18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I said that and stand by it, but you lied as to what I said.

19. preacher4truth

He certainly has said that in essence. :thumbsup:

The fact is, he doesn't do so (go days at a time w/o sin) therefore he isn't being truthful.

He'd rather we forget he ever stated anything along those lines, and chooses rather to call you a liar for stating what he has claimed of himself.

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

As I said you lied. I did not say anyhting in essence. I said what I said, you lied about it.