1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Bless all you two faced- Judgmental- Back Stabbing Gossipers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tinytim, Nov 21, 2011.

1. 12strings

12strings Active Member

P4t, the point is, In the Light did not accurately quote Fal, and even added an "essence" that was not there in Fal's much-quoted statement. It is one thing to say he ONCE went 3-4 days without sinning. It is another to claim he REGULARLY only sins every 2-3 days. So Fal is technically correct here.

However, FAL: I don't see why you couldn't just clarify what you actually said, and what it meant, so we could get back to the main line of debate, rather than a whole page of this personal stuff. Yes, you were miss-quoted. It happens to all of us. People take something we say and mistake us for saying something else, often by trying to re-state what we said from memory. and they sometimes get it wrong. We have to give some grace here.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

He never said he "once" went without sin 3-4 days. Nothing InTheLight said was out of line nor misrepresentative. So no, Fale is technically incorrect, obviously you haven't read the context or quotes to the link.

One more thing, Fale wasn't "misquoted" so you need to clean that false accusation up. He was quoted exactly in what he said and within context.

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I'm not accusing you of anything. You did correctly quote Fal. I was simply pointing out that IntheLight's original statement was technically incorrect, most clearly due to the number. 2-3 is different than 3-4. No matter what anyone meant, what you correctly quoted is not the same as what ITL originally said. Fal freely acknowledges your quote, but not ITL's.

Until there is a quote produced from FAL that says, "I sin every two or three days." Fal is technically correct, even if he is missing the point of the statement.

#43 12strings, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  4. preacher4truth

Another missed thing on your part, Fale calling others "liars?" Lying? REALLY? Because the number of days aren't exact?

Consider he has talked of not sinning day by day, and up to 4 days. To state he claims 2-3 days is not then "technically incorrect." Rather it is technically correct.

No one has lied about him.

2-3, 3-4 is straining at a gnat. There is simply a point being made which you miss completely, then rush in and act as if others have lied, misrepresented him and what have you.

You've made something simple "technical" because of the number of days not being exact? You've missed the point entirely. The fact is Fale has claimed he doesn't sin day by day, and up to 4 days at a time, so stating 2-3 days is a fair analysis and is not technically incorrect.

I quoted Fale exactly, and am called a liar. You've obviously missed that part altogether.

I'm not the only person Fale has incorrectly called a liar.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No I said you lied because you agreed with the previous false statement. You did lie.

6. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did lie.

You got this thing about putting other people down, huh? You might want to make an appointment with either Niles or Frazier and talk about it a while. Might work wonders for you.

7. 12strings

12strings Active Member

After reading this post, I realize I should not have stepped in at all. I did understand the point ITL was trying to make. However, I obviously do not understand what either of you are really arguing about, so I apologize to both for stepping in here.

Hoping for peace,
    -Andy

8. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Can anyone believe this guy? Ridiculous.

9. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Maybe they just need a nap....

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

If I were freeatlast I would be doubting my own salvation. He has claimed that a Christian will not practice sin, yet he is calling a brother in Christ a liar over and over again. I would consider this a practice and it is sin. After all the bible says to not return evil for evil. If I were him I would have to look back and see if I am really trusting Christ, since this is habitual. According to his own interpretation of 1John he is in trouble.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Am I Missing the Point, or Worse Yet...

....Stretching this a little by suggesting that maybe, just maybe, this persons (righteous) :thumbsup:rant is just as judgmental and finger pointing as those she is accusing???

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL Has Accused Me of Worse...

....in other posts, so, I wouldn't get too upset or overly concerned! This seems to be his nature and maybe, calling in life :smilewinkgrin:
    At least, we can find some personal solace in knowing in our hearts where we are going to spend eternity without FAL's input and sincere (at times) theological stance!

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Telling the truth is not sin nor evil. You may want to ajust your thinking.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes even as today as you disreagrd the word of God and find your solace in personal experiences and feelings.

15. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before this thread is closed for rules violations, I thought I'd point out that "your friend" left off "Liberals" from her list.

Tiny Tim, see what you started? Most of what followed your OP made her (your) point.

Tim Reynolds

#55 Timsings, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
  16. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Bingo. Brilliant move on his part.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just wondering...

Can we try "you are mistaken" rather than the alternative.

Thanks
    HankD

18. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

From my point of veiw I would say that Christ is much more concerned regarding the sactimonious finger pointers than the He is the young lady who appears to be struggling in some areas.

Apparently NOBODY from the "finger pointing" crowd ever thought that it might be a good idea to befriend the one they are pointing the finger of accusation at.

Shame on them.

#58 Alive in Christ, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
  19. preacher4truth

It's funny, I googled this quote from the OP and it only leads back to the BB. I've quoted portions of it here and there, all of it, googled each of them and it only comes to the BB.

I'd like a link to where this was allegedly stated, and to peek at its context.

20. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Freeatlast...

How in the world do you get off saying that this young lady has NOT "repented" and "come to faith"???

What HAS not happened is full experiential sanctification.

And that happens, with all of us, in the process of time.