1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Controls Hearts and Thoughts as He Says in His Word

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Sorry for the confusion. Post 107 was directed to P4T, not you. I am awaiting for him to answer:
    I am still waiting for a response from P4T

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Uh, this verse was from the book of Leviticus, at least 2000 years after Adam and Eve, God told Moses to speak this to the children of Israel. It was men from the children of Israel he instructed to offer a sacrifice of their own voluntary will.

I love the way you claim to have superior knowledge of scripture, I have been studying the scriptures for over 45 years, probably at least 10 years longer than you have been alive.

I believe God in his glory knows all things, but that at times God limits himself, such as when he wrestled Jacob and Jacob prevailed.

Jesus said he did not know the exact day and hour of his return, do you believe Jesus lied?

As far as God knowing men would sin, I absolutely believe God knew that. When God gave men free will he knew they would sin. That does not mean he desires or wills men to sin, only that he knew they would.

You have a young one, do you desire or will that he (she) sins? Of course not, unless there is something truly wrong with you. But do you know your child will sin? Of course.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

One more time: You use proof-text theology. It doesn't consider the whole counsel of God, therefore, you err.

Do you believe God knows all things? Yes or No.

As far as my young one? First, be careful what you say. Second, I'm not God.

Does God know all things? You've previously said God does not know all things. Answer the question winman.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you think P4T will ever show enough respect to answer other people's questions?

5. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Answer the question, p4t. Which thoughts does God control that come to you? You said some, but not all. Which thoughts? You're the one pushing this idea, so just give me an answer. Which thoughts does God control if not all? Thanks, buddy.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

I directly answered you, I said I believe God in his glory knows all things, but at times God limits himself. You do agree that Jesus is God don't you? And you do agree that Jesus said he did not know the exact day and hour of his return don't you? I didn't think it necessary to quote the verse, but I will show you just in case.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

What does this verse say? Did Jesus say he does not know the day and hour of his return?

And asking you about your child is perfectly relevant. Does God care for and feel a responsibility toward his own creation?

Luk 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
    7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Your concept of God is utterly unscriptural. God cares about all men, even those who reject and hate him. He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, and is not willing that any should perish. We are not "trash" that God throws into the fire, Jesus said we are of "value" to God.

And this is why I asked about your child. You love your child and want the best for him or her. You are in no way willing he or she sins, yet you know he or she has a free will and is going to sin. It is no different with God and us, he doesn't want us to sin, all his commands not to sin would be nonsense if God wills we sin. But he knows we have a free will, he knows we are flesh and easily tempted, and he knows we will sin.

This theology of yours is WAYYYYY off.

7. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

"If..."

p4t has already established for himself that God controls some (so there is no "if" according to p4t), but not all. I am asking him which thoughts does God control.

8. preacher4truth

Respect to the one who has labeled me a heretic? Respect is earned, therefore I owe you none.

9. preacher4truth

Yes, I see. Your God doesn't know all things. Youv'e also stated this in the past. Just so we all know where you're coming from: Error.

#129 preacher4truth, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
  10. preacher4truth

First, we're not close to being buddys.

Secondly, the answers are within this thread.

Thirdly, don't you think it's time you got something fresh from the Bible for your people? Don't settle for another text and a tangent.

Fourthly, Your drive bys are a reflection of you; stagnant.

You should try looking through a thread and getting the answers. They're plainly there. I know you probably don't like having to actually work, but look, do something, will ya, and get your folks some sound material a few pages back on how I already addressed this?

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Did Jesus say he does not "know" the day and hour of his return or not?

Please answer that question.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

My post was perfectly clear. You didn't read it carefully.
    I said, If you believe___________, then it is heresy.
    All you have to do is go back and clarify what you believe.
    Winman agreed with my post 100%. So what should I conclude now?
    Either you won't clarify your post as to heresy, or,
    either you or he is one, and since he agrees with me I would tend to say that there is something desperately wrong with your theology. But you won't clarify your answers. You just leave it hanging. Is it heresy or not? You tell us.

13. preacher4truth

Did God know the answer? Answer the question Winman. :thumbsup:

See how you proof-text and yet remain in error? This is why the JW's like to spend time with you, like attracts like?

Does God know all things? Yes or no?

14. preacher4truth

I already answered your drivel, then you continued your heresy after I plainly answered, therefore I continue the no respect from me (and others) that you have earned.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Translation.
    P4T is too lazy to find the original question and answer it for himself. He avoids answering the questions of others and continues to show disrespect.

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Well, be careful what you believe. If I take you theology correctly, if that little one you are holding grows up to be a evil manipulator, that would be alright with you I guess. After all it would be what God directed to happen; how could you fight against it?

Of course, in reality, your little girl, more than likely, will grow up to be kind caring Christian who will make you proud.

17. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Translation: I can't answer without reveling one of the many mistakes about theology, so I have found a convenient excuse not to answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.